• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For Captainamerica

J

jared27

imgRugby5.jpg

Looks like the correct socks to me.

Also 4 new screens at HB-Studios.com

Sorry to be devils advocate here but based on Locksley's latest comments, it looks like this game has some serious gameplay issues, and people are still talking about the colour of socks??

excellent find jared... that'll temper capt's "consistency" issue a little (until the next one he finds!)

... jimmy44, think of this game as a step towards the future, its gonna have gameplay issues - some issues more serious then others and some issues that will mean more to some people then to other people
... locksley has played it to death, so its good he is coming up with more issues he's found, but the game remains the best rugby option we've got (until new releases this year from WCR & Rugby League - hopefully?)...

t'is better to think of the cup as half full then half empty - if you look at this game as doom & gloom, you're gonna see it that way, or, you could see it as a massive improvement over the last piece of shite they released but with some good gameplay & enjoyable aspects

I'm gonna enjoy this anyways... each to their own

Originally posted by toup@Feb 21 2005, 12:44 PM
That tigers kit looks awesome! Sorry... just got very excited
It does indeed, apart from the fact that it will be missing logos and sponsors from it. And they are playing Wasps in that picture if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers, Jared -- I'm happy to lay that one to rest. How they could get it wrong in the first place is beyond me. Great find.
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 21 2005, 07:16 PM
Out of interest, why did R2004 have all the NH logos et al but R2005 doesn't?
Rugby 2004 didn't have any of the domestic logos or anything. International sides yes, but that was all.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 22 2005, 02:42 AM
excellent find jared... that'll temper capt's "consistency" issue a little (until the next one he finds!)

... jimmy44, think of this game as a step towards the future, its gonna have gameplay issues - some issues more serious then others and some issues that will mean more to some people then to other people
... locksley has played it to death, so its good he is coming up with more issues he's found, but the game remains the best rugby option we've got (until new releases this year from WCR & Rugby League - hopefully?)...

t'is better to think of the cup as half full then half empty - if you look at this game as doom & gloom, you're gonna see it that way, or, you could see it as a massive improvement over the last piece of shite they released but with some good gameplay & enjoyable aspects

I'm gonna enjoy this anyways... each to their own
On the whole you're right - I guess the difficulty level is one of the most crucial things to me and I'm just disappointed that - based on Locksley's views - they've made normal too easy and hard to damned hard!

I'm fairly positive that I can even things out using the player editor though

Cheers

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Feb 22 2005, 06:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Feb 22 2005, 06:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 21 2005, 12:44 PM
That tigers kit looks awesome! Sorry... just got very excited
It does indeed, apart from the fact that it will be missing logos and sponsors from it. And they are playing Wasps in that picture if I'm not mistaken. [/b]
Yeah, that'll be wasps in yellow i'd have thought. I know the logos etc will be missing but in the heat of a game and from far away then reckon it'll keep us NH lot going... until next year anyway!

Next year the NH logos will be Canada and USA...

Remember when the US football logo apeared before Europe and South America in Fifa...

Thought I'd resurface this thread (as it deals with Capt. America's quest for consistency) to ask a question about the PI v Barbarians video recently released.

Can anyone tell me if the Pacific Islanders shorts are the right colour/s? (in the video they are exactly the same as the players jersey (red on the right/white centre/blue left) ... now having watched the "fastest player" clip featuring PI (bobo) v SA from that thread, the PI shorts seem to be red and blue halves.

Now before I get shot to pieces and begin resembling a sieve, this is a question I'm wonderin' about for my own personal piece of mind, its not gonna bother me if the game has it right or wrong, I'd just like to know thats all (and I thought it was in keeping with the importance of the Lions correct sock colour)

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2005, 03:34 AM
Thought I'd resurface this thread (as it deals with Capt. America's quest for consistency) to ask a question about the PI v Barbarians video recently released.

Can anyone tell me if the Pacific Islanders shorts are the right colour/s? (in the video they are exactly the same as the players jersey (red on the right/white centre/blue left) ... now having watched the "fastest player" clip featuring PI (bobo) v SA from that thread, the PI shorts seem to be red and blue halves.

Now before I get shot to pieces and begin resembling a sieve, this is a question I'm wonderin' about for my own personal piece of mind, its not gonna bother me if the game has it right or wrong, I'd just like to know thats all (and I thought it was in keeping with the importance of the Lions correct sock colour)
I'll see what I can dig up. They might not be spot on as they don't have the licence for the Pac Islanders (they call them the Pacific Isles) -- same for Barbarians, no licence, no proper crest (and no club socks).

I'll have a look.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2005, 03:34 AM
Speaking of which... Don't the barbars wear their Club sock's n'all?

...I know about the license (or lack of) for PI & Barbarians, but the English clubs (and one Welsh) have their kits practically perfect and they are without a license aswell...

Every pic I find of the PI team just shows their shirts ... never see below their waistline (oooh, sailor!)... so I've not been able to see for myself

Latest posts