• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For Captainamerica

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Feb 24 2005, 09:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 24 2005, 09:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 24 2005, 03:34 AM
Thought I'd resurface this thread (as it deals with Capt. America's quest for consistency) to ask a question about the PI v Barbarians video recently released.
Speaking of which... Don't the barbars wear their Club sock's n'all? [/b]
Yeah, club socks and traditionally always starting an uncapped player.

Good spot razzle dazzle:

spencer_v_islanders_d.jpg

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Feb 24 2005, 09:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 24 2005, 09:00 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 24 2005, 03:34 AM
Thought I'd resurface this thread (as it deals with Capt. America's quest for consistency) to ask a question about the PI v Barbarians video recently released.
Speaking of which... Don't the barbars wear their Club sock's n'all? [/b]
In regards to the Barbarians and the club socks issue... I can kind of understand why that (important) aspect has been omitted...

... EA/HB are lazy !

... this would require setting up 2 attributes that connect the player to his club coloured socks - playerID & clubID ... hardly rocket science, its these guys everyday job

In a very simplified way, in the game, the club entity (think clubID above - I'm getting technical here) would already be linked to the the texture/colours for that clubs jersey/shorts/socks, so now you'd just need to connect that clubID to a registered playerID for that club, so when a player entity (and its ID) is selected to play for the Barbarians (they would not have any sock texture/colour, left blank as default), the clubID would be called and the corresponding texture/colour appear.

Being serious tho, I can see how this can become quite tricky for a detail that may not be noticed by the masses who actually buy the game...

... I'd be surprised if it ever appears in any rugby game (but then again I love surprises
<
)

Yeah, good call. It would be easy enough (or so I think but I really don't know a damn thing about programmes) but more importantly, it would be a nice touch.

Think of the Madden games where in the Pro-Bowl, they wear their own team helmets and Pro-Bowl jerseys -- it can't be that hard.

Back to Islander shorts, found this, looks like alternating quarters:

picabpi1.jpg

Even if we're taking this subject too far, I don't care, I like these photos . . .

Originally posted by cavan@Feb 21 2005, 12:53 PM
Charvis isn't at number 6 for the Lions in that picture. Corry perhaps?
Hill probably. Or Taylor perhaps.

Latest posts