• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

For growing world rugby.

G

Georgian

Well,i want to discuss with you one question.Why are 6 Nations and 3 Nations locked?Who agrees that it must be a kick-out system?I think Argentina is playing such rugby that must play in 3 Nations.Don`t u think so?The teams of 3 Nation said:you are plain` a different rugby and u are far from us to play in 3 Nations.Well at firs they are wining the games,so it doesn`t metter how are they playin`,second:South Africa isn`t far from oceanic countries? :)Well Romania and Georgia aren`t such teams as Argentina,but how can they play a good rugby if they will play with grands once 4 year?I think it`s neccesary for rising world rubgy to approve such teams in 6 Nations,what would you say?If 6 Nations will be with kick-out system?Also Fiji is a good team,they have to play with good teams to grow up.Everyone is talking that IRB is "killing" rugby in such countries as last ones.I think approveing "second sort" teams in high class is neccesary for growing up world rugby.Please discuss it,it`s very interesting for me.

Totally agree with you

Sure that by their performance in this WR, going to the semi's at least for me (sorry for Scotland), Argentina is going to have big arguments to enter one of the two annual competitions
Despite it should appear somewhere more comfortable for them to enter the 6N (players playing for most of them in European clubs, no jet lag problem if they're hosted by Belgium or Spain), I would find more logical that they play in the 3 series for both reasons:
- They're geographically located in SH, and the 2 competition are clearly orientified this way (and for jet lag we can imagine them hosted by an African country for ex).
- There's also a much more busy calendar for 6N, charging this one much more would accentuate the notable difference of game level we all see getting bigger beetween N&S

Now question has to be asked again for integrating European countries as Georgia or Portugal. They've showed wonderfull things and improved they're game level incredibly fast despite very low budget.This progression has to be compared for exemple with Japan, that plays for much more longer in the RWC, and does not improve despite a lot of money (all professionnal) and a great media presence in their country.
Now I think that France will support theses countries that are so motivated, as we fought to integrate Italia.
On the other hand if 6N accept this challenge, the south ones will also have to accept new ones (Argentina, Namibia, Polynesian Island,...) to balance, just speaking about the calendar.

Of course they have to approve oceanic countries,how long they will play with each other?Rugby is the only sport where the Federation is doing nothing for improveing it.If not approveing countries in 6N lets make an European Cup.Also,about votes,the countries of 6N have 2 votes each in IRB(ex. of Italy i think) and rest of all europe 1:)isn`t it funny?:) My position is:Let`s make rugby total!!!Not only for 9 Countries.Also i know that France is for totalizing world rugby.Let`s see what IRB will present after WC,the worldwide rugby or RWC with 16 countries......

Of course they have to approve oceanic countries,how long they will play with each other?Rugby is the only sport where the Federation is doing nothing for improveing it.If not approveing countries in 6N lets make an European Cup.Also,about votes,the countries of 6N have 2 votes each in IRB(ex. of Italy i think) and rest of all europe 1:)isn`t it funny?:) My position is:Let`s make rugby total!!!Not only for 9 Countries.Also i know that France is for totalizing world rugby.Let`s see what IRB will present after WC,the worldwide rugby or RWC with 16 countries......
[/b]

The difficulty with expanding the 6N is that given the scheduling issues already, with HEC rugby etc, it would be difficult to fit anymore games into the current rugby calender without seriously looking at having a global season again, 5 internationals is pretty much the limit that can played during the 6N window, so any revamp of the 6N would have to involve a two tier promoton / relegation system rather than expanding to one pool of 7N, 8N etc.

This is not a excuse to do nothing of course, but it would involve the IRB having to use their imagination to come up with an innovative solution to include the up and coming nations like Romania Georgia and Portugal.

To join the ex 5 nations now 6 nations you have to hate England as much as France, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and now Italy. :lol:

More seriously this is very traidtional, Rugby is very traditional but if rugby want to gather more peoples the traditions must change. Now do we really want the Rugby to grows like Football? I don't want to see nazi and other hooligans and unrespectfull fans in a rugby stadium.

I`m not saying that 6N will came 7N or 8N.The best would be:the last team of 6N will be kicked down in Nations Cup,and the winner of Nations Cup(Georgia or Romania probably)will rise in 6N,and like this every season.What about this?

Of course they have to approve oceanic countries,how long they will play with each other?Rugby is the only sport where the Federation is doing nothing for improveing it.If not approveing countries in 6N lets make an European Cup.Also,about votes,the countries of 6N have 2 votes each in IRB(ex. of Italy i think) and rest of all europe 1:)isn`t it funny? :) My position is:Let`s make rugby total!!!Not only for 9 Countries.Also i know that France is for totalizing world rugby.Let`s see what IRB will present after WC,the worldwide rugby or RWC with 16 countries......
[/b]
I think long term that's entirely possible but not at the expense of the 6 Nations. Last year the iRB identified Georgia, Portugal and Russia as "key investment nations". Adding Romania and the 6 Nations teams, that gives us 10 teams to build a base for a competition two years out from a World Cup (during Lions years).

The difficulty with expanding the 6N is that given the scheduling issues already, with HEC rugby etc, it would be difficult to fit anymore games into the current rugby calender without seriously looking at having a global season again, 5 internationals is pretty much the limit that can played during the 6N window, so any revamp of the 6N would have to involve a two tier promoton / relegation system rather than expanding to one pool of 7N, 8N etc.

This is not a excuse to do nothing of course, but it would involve the IRB having to use their imagination to come up with an innovative solution to include the up and coming nations like Romania Georgia and Portugal. [/b]
If the iRB and individual unions are smart they could easily formulate a plan but it would take some radical thinking. David Moffett, former chief executive of the WRU had the following idea which, I feel would greatly improve the game:

Now do we really want the Rugby to grows like Football? I don't want to see nazi and other hooligans and unrespectfull fans in a rugby stadium.
[/b]
I want Rugby to be huge, I live in a big AFL state and I absolutely hate the sport, the stronger rugby is the better, Rugby + Football= A formidable duo in my mind...

The difference between rugby and football is the complexity of the game, it is no secret football probably owes its preeminance amongst sports because of its simplicity while rugby union is hard for most new fans to get into because of the complexities, I mean, if you haven't played the game it is nigh on impossible to know what goes on in the rucks and to know much more then knowledge about backlines...so to sum up, rugby will never be as large as football because of its complexities and it will most likely not draw your idiot hooligans (besides in England :p ) as the entry level is a little high for your hooligan types who will most likely be following the more simplistic Rugby League or football....or AFL in many states in Australia.....well, every nation has the stupid hooligan sports...

I`m not saying that 6N will came 7N or 8N.The best would be:the last team of 6N will be kicked down in Nations Cup,and the winner of Nations Cup(Georgia or Romania probably)will rise in 6N,and like this every season.What about this?[/b]

I agree, and why not do the same with the 3N. The 3N will could be a 4N with Argentina, and the last team will be kicked down in 4N-b, where will play Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, and Japan, and the winner of 4N-b will rise in 4N. Two 6N and two 4N, two challenge in the north and two in the south.

I`m not saying that 6N will came 7N or 8N.The best would be:the last team of 6N will be kicked down in Nations Cup,and the winner of Nations Cup(Georgia or Romania probably)will rise in 6N,and like this every season.What about this?[/b]

I agree, and why not do the same with the 3N. The 3N will could be a 4N with Argentina, and the last team will be kicked down in 4N-b, where will play Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, and Japan, and the winner of 4N-b will rise in 4N. Two 6N and two 4N, two challenge in the north and two in the south.
[/b]
Not much point in that, the top three will never go down....the 6N's form fluctuates like the seasons however so could work...