• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Force Vs Blues

R

rsea

I'm surprised theirs no thread on this so I thought I'd kick one off

Congrats to the Blues on the ugly win without several of your best players.

What an aweful performance by the Force.
I'm pretty sure I'll get munched for saying this by die hard Force supporters but I thought

. Giteau was brilliant in every aspect
. Chris O'Young showed clearly why he's the 3rd choice scrummy
. Shepard demonstrated that he's still lacking in commitment and should have been replaced by O'Connor at half time
. Taking Cross off at a critical time was very odd a proved fatal in the last 10 mins when they lacked firepower in the centres
. Pocock played ok but is still miles away from the performance Smith put in against the Highlanders
. Mitchell was dangerous and worked hard

I hope they improve but something tells me that without a coaching change, the Force are in trouble this season

O'Young is terrible, Giteau was great, Mitchell was great but a team can't rely on two players.

RSEA,
I thought both Shepherd and Pocock were outstanding and I'd rate Pocock's performance as possibly better than Smith's considering the tight forwards in front of each of them. You were right about Giteau, O'Young and Mitchell though.

I think next week they must surely start Hockings at second row and have O'Connor at 12 with Cross at 13. Tatupu was solid, but O'Connor's a potential match winner. Also, Haig Sare's a bit of a waste of space really. Can't believe they didn't have Cummins on there after the 2008 he had.

It might be a long season for the Force though if they couldn't even get a win at home against such a depleted Blues outfit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RSEA @ Feb 14 2009, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hope they improve but something tells me that without a coaching change, the Force are in trouble this season[/b]

I think in the case of the force a change in coaching wont change things.
John Mitchell has very little control over what goes on the field when the players get lazy and arent committing themselves. These are things the players have to be accountable for. Unfortunately the players are a bunch of soft cocks that cant handle a pineapple up their arse even if they fully deserve it. When the Blues stepped up the physicallity in the 2nd half..........the force went limp wristed.
Can we please have more footage of valentine and drew mitchell running along the beach holding hands and stuff?

I say good on the Blues for a deserved win.

The wallabies in the force were really carrying the team. A prime example was when Pocock nudged the ball across-field and Pocock, Giteau and O'Connor were the only ones attacking, when it was time to consolidate the ball they were the only ones there.

The Force scrum held up surprisingly well but was shaken a few times and they were punished for engaging early, I also thought they got punished a bit too harshly for wonky throw ins, something the Blues were also guilty of.

Latest posts