• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Form Wallabies side after latest round of S14

P

PLo

I am a Wallabies supporter. I would like to hear from other nations' supporters and Aussies alike on their form Wallaby team after the last S14 round. My pick:

1. Rodney Blake
2. Stephen Moore
3. Matt Dunnng
4. James Horwill
5. Nathan Sharpe
6. Rocky Elsom
7. George Smith
8. Brown (Force)
9. Sam Cordingley
10. Matt Giteau
11. Mark Gerrard
12. Berrick Barnes
13. Ryan Cross
14. Lote Tuqiri
15. Chris Latham

Small first and second five players - but both can defend.

LOL

1.Henderson
2.Freier/Faingaa
3.Dunning
4.Horwill
5.Sharpe
6.Pocock
7.Smith
8.Hoiles
9.Cordinly
10.Giteua
11.Tuqiri
12.T.Smith/Barnes
13.Cross
14.Mitchell/Hynes
15.Gerrard

Peter Hynes is doing alright for the Reds, could possibly get a callup?

Considering there are so many players out at the moment it is difficult to actually pick a side, but the best players from Round 6 are:

1. Henderson
2. Freier
3. Sheperdson
4. Chisholm
5. Sharpe
6. Pocock
7. Smith
8. Hoiles
9. Phibbs
10. Giteau
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
13. Cross
14. Playford
15. Gerrard

Dunning... Blake... Tuqiri?!?!

Do you guys even watch the games? Seriously...

Dunning has been getting smashed in the scrum... Blake got relegated to the bench weeks ago due to his poor form, and Tuqiri has been the most useless winger in Australian rugby...

My team -

1. Holmes
2. Faingaa/Freier
3. Shepherdson
4. Chisholm
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom
7. Smith
8. Brown/Hoiles
9. Cordingley/Phibbs
10. Giteau
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes/Smith
13. Cross
14. Playford
15. Gerrard/Shepherd

I hope Richard Brown keeps playing well because we can't have Palu in the Australian team again. At the moment Brown and Hoiles are the two best no. 8's in the country.

I only threw Barnes in because there hasn't really been any consistent outstanding performances by Australian players. Tyrone Smith has been strong, and Mackay had a couple of good games. Mortlock will be back in a couple of weeks and will probably slot into inside centre for the Brumbies.

Why would he slot into inside? In my opinion with Fairbanks out for an even longer period they will put Ashley-Cooper at wing or fullback and put Mortlock at outside. Tyrone can continue outside and Fainifo can be relegated to the bench.

Why would he slot into inside? In my opinion with Fairbanks out for an even longer period they will put Ashley-Cooper at wing or fullback and put Mortlock at outside. Tyrone can continue outside and Fainifo can be relegated to the bench.
[/b]

There has been very strong talk that he was going to slot inside for the Brumbies and possibly for the Wallabies to allow Ashley-Cooper at outside centre.

However, with Gerrard likely to miss the Chiefs game Mortlock will be playing outside centre with Tyrone staying at inside centre and Ashley-Cooper to go to fullback.

Ashley-Cooper's best position is definately outside centre, but I'd rather have him on the wing than fullback if need be.

I mostly agree with the said teams except no Matt Dunning...he shouldn't even make the NSW Country team let alone NSW.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

There has been very strong talk that he was going to slot inside for the Brumbies and possibly for the Wallabies to allow Ashley-Cooper at outside centre.

However, with Gerrard likely to miss the Chiefs game Mortlock will be playing outside centre with Tyrone staying at inside centre and Ashley-Cooper to go to fullback.

Ashley-Cooper's best position is definately outside centre, but I'd rather have him on the wing than fullback if need be.
[/b][/quote]

However, there is now mixed reports about Gerrard... he may or maybe back... so it'll be interesting to see what Fisher does...

I would prefer to see Fainifo benched and Ashley-Cooper on the wing and Gerrard remain at fullback because of his excellent kicking game...

First off, don't you think it's a little late for Mortlock to move positions? I mean, he isn't the youngest of blokes anymore....

Secondly even if he did move to inside why would he automatically be a Wallabies contender? Look at the Saders team, we have an inside center who is a ball player and an outside centre who is the bash and crash them kind of player...why would Deans want two bash and crash players in the centres if that is not the way he does things....besides, how would two players in the centres of that description benefit us?

First off, don't you think it's a little late for Mortlock to move positions? I mean, he isn't the youngest of blokes anymore....

Secondly even if he did move to inside why would he automatically be a Wallabies contender? Look at the Saders team, we have an inside center who is a ball player and an outside centre who is the bash and crash them kind of player...why would Deans want two bash and crash players in the centres if that is not the way he does things....besides, how would two players in the centres of that description benefit us?
[/b]

Mortlock has played inside centre before. It wouldn't be anything new. He does have the ball playing skills to play there.

Anyways - I'd rather see Mortlock at outside centre. He's the best outside centre in the world. There seems to be the confusion around here that this is MY opinion, when it is simply what is being discussed in Australian rugby circles.

It seems with each passing week that Giteau and Barnes are likely to get partnered up in the inside backs for the Wallabies with Mortlock outside them, and I wouldn't be against that.

And another thing - a lot of your post doesn't make sense. I thought you were a Force fan? :p

And another thing - a lot of your post doesn't make sense. I thought you were a Force fan? :p
[/b]
I notice the use of 'we' now...I suppose I am just accepted Deans as one of our own a bit pre-maturely, or it was simply a mistake :p

Latest posts