• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forward Play

forwards are the MOST IMPORTANT PLAYERS IN RUGBY (although im a back). without them who's gonna cleanout, scrummage, pilfer, jump, maul, take hit ups. these are the most important aspects of rugby that leads to sintilating tries. we backs are there to finish their jobs.

i'd like to see more mobile forward packs (cause wcr sucked at it), flankers who actually pilfer balls. this could change the course of a game...eg george smith, richie macaw(sorry 4 the spellin), phil waugh etc...

mauls cause havoc on the field....i think we should be able to move them anywhere on the field as long as the team have good forwards.

if i am able to play a game through the forwards because my backs are crap (eg. georgia , argentina) then ill be real happy:D

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 2 2005, 11:04 AM
right analogue down - to dig and raise power bar to push
right analogue up - to push once power bar full
right ananlogue left - hand on ball - penalty or a steal if ref not alert
right analogue right - ruck crashes - penalty or scrum if ref not awares

x to add players
o to remove them
Looks like a good system....I would make it that if a defending player had their hand on the ball and no other oppostion player was around then after 2 seconds (The real 2 seconds!!) it would be a steal while if an attacking player had their hand on the ball and no opposition were around then after 1 second they would pick and go. Th steal and pick and go for both teams would also work after a ruck had formed and a side had secured possession instead of just having the halfback pick up the ball from the ruck option. I mean, it is not always the halfback who picks up a ball from the ruck in real life so why not have it in the game also?

Latest posts