• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France - Argentina

I thought Hernandez played very well.
He showed his strength and his vision but the Garry Owens were working for him and Argentina...so why stop, i say.
[/b]

Given how solid Dempsey, Horgan and Hickie are under high ball I'd be surprised if the same tactic was employed in the Irish match.

<div class='quotemain'>
I thought Hernandez played very well.
He showed his strength and his vision but the Garry Owens were working for him and Argentina...so why stop, i say.
[/b]

Given how solid Dempsey, Horgan and Hickie are under high ball I'd be surprised if the same tactic was employed in the Irish match.
[/b][/quote]

Tactis can vary from game to game . Besides, in you place i ´d be worrying about Georgia tactics.

Tactis can vary from game to game . Besides, in you place i ´d be worrying about Georgia tactics. [/b]
Cant argue with that I suppose.

But at the same time, given the tactics you used, would you not have been better served with Todeschini launching the bombs at 10, Hernandez at 15, and Corletto at 11 or 14 (not sure which he usually plays). I dont think anyone was saying Hernandez was poor, were just wondering if he could be better utilised elsewhere.

What a great game! It will be in the memory of argetinians rugby fans as on of the most important victories for the Pumas. The heart of this team it's just amazing.

<div class='quotemain'> Tactis can vary from game to game . Besides, in you place i ´d be worrying about Georgia tactics. [/b]
Cant argue with that I suppose.

But at the same time, given the tactics you used, would you not have been better served with Todeschini launching the bombs at 10, Hernandez at 15, and Corletto at 11 or 14 (not sure which he usually plays). I dont think anyone was saying Hernandez was poor, were just wondering if he could be better utilised elsewhere.
[/b][/quote]

I'm agree whit you. Todeschini is a great kicker. He would give more accuracy in the goal kicks. Corleto can plays at 14 and Hernandez as fullback.

Only just got to the internet after a great weekend of rugby. Have to say this match was the best for me. Pumas were excellent, executing a simple game plan brilliantly. It reminded me of many recent Wasps-Leicester matches, defence dominated with the side that is most physical at the tackle and the breakdown and making less errors coming out on top. Great work by the Argies. Some quality performances too: the comtepomi brothers great in chasing garryowens all day (especially the rubbish ones), Hernandez and F. Comtepomi great at putting the ball in the sky. the wingers didn't shy away from the nitty gritty either. Pichot's service was quality. The French were so quick to the fly half, it's testament to Pichot that their kickers could do the job they did. The real victory was in the pack, physicality at tackle and breakdown won the match. A real team performance, but for me the MOTM was Ledesma at Hooker. the lineout may not have been 100%, but Ledesma seemed to be involved in so many tackles and rucks resulting in turnovers (most notably after the Frogs were hammering on the line), plus a nifty chip over to peg the frogs back in the second half. I thought he was superb.

A real big result for the tournament. Really puts the pressure on Ireland and France. If France get some cohesion they could still go far (bearing in mind the last final they got to, they only managed a single decent performance in the sompetition), but this will have hurt. It could lead to an interesting quarter final draw, like NZ v France. Now that would be tasty.

final point: as a tigers fan i'm impressed by the seemingly well coached pumas. Should i support them so that Loffreda proves what a quality coach he is, or should i hope they lose so that we get his services quicker?

I was at Le Stade de France last friday, my first (and only for this year) World Cup Match. Already a great memory !

From the crowd, this was a very great match. Great intensity. (the faces of pumas during their anthem.. wow) Great drama. (that maul, with the crowd pushing les bleus... and that defense from the pumas. turning point of the match.)

And a great intelligence of play by the Pumas, who deserved that win. Frenchs never had a chance, repeating the same mistakes that they made in the past years test matchs. Laporte is surely a good leader, but his tactical skills... mmh.

The man of the match was, for me, Pichot. Very clever... and Ledesma was excellent too. Only good points for France goes to Rougerie, who made 2-3 good breaks, Milloud and Betsen.

By the way, the argentineans supporters were very nice, some of them were crying at the end of the match... great moment, even for a disappointed frog like me.

France looked dangerous in broken play, unfortunately when the opportunity knocked Martin failed to use his eyes and the pumas intercepted, got a well finished try which could had easily been the other end of the field. Problem for France was difficult passes (and not so difficult ones) especially offloads were going to ground, and importantly the Argies were more physical at the breakdown. They slowed down French ball and turned them over. Pressure, composure and physicality are vital at this level. France didn't have it, so didn't have a platform for any class in the backs to be displayed. French defence was very good however, one reason the Pumas struggled to turn pressure into points.

Heard today that IRB receognized officially 11 judging errors in favour of Argentina(most of them runs before up and unders) from Mr Spreadburry during this match.

Beyond people that will say that it's once more a Frenchman complaining after a referee and does not accept defeat, It's the first time that I hear this kind of statistics after a match.
I appreciate this kind of informations and would find very positive for this game to be always in respect for its referee, and think it would be published after every match.

Error is human, but transparency will help it be more acceptable for all.

No possibility to edit so wnated to say

I appreciate this kind of informations and find it very positive for this game to be always in respect for its referee