• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France-New Zealands 2007

do we need this in here already? cant we wait til the end of the torny

sorry had to edit my post once i realised where it was ;)

No way. Ref turned it into a farce, no sour grapes at all, it's just fact. The performances were both sloppy. Just because the All Blacks got beat doesn't mean it will go down as a classic, even if they were the hot faves. It wasn't a nice game to watch, so no, it won't go down in history if that's what your even asking.

This match will most definitely go down in history.

How many rugby pundits out there were saying, "Yup, New Zealand will win this world cup."
I know all the Welsh rugby legends have been saying in the papers that something special will be needed if New Zealand are going to be beaten in this world cup.

The match, from a neutral POV, was a poor one, but it's what the match represented that mattered.
Even the french rugby pundits gave france a 20% chance of winning.
New Zealand were such hot favourites that there was no point in me putting down a tenner for them to win because i'd hardly make anything back!

Trust me, as much as the New Zealanders won't want it...THIS WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY.

This match will most definitely go down in history.

How many rugby pundits out there were saying, "Yup, New Zealand will win this world cup."
I know all the Welsh rugby legends have been saying in the papers that something special will be needed if New Zealand are going to be beaten in this world cup.

The match, from a neutral POV, was a poor one, but it's what the match represented that mattered.
Even the french rugby pundits gave france a 20% chance of winning.
New Zealand were such hot favourites that there was no point in me putting down a tenner for them to win because i'd hardly make anything back!

Trust me, as much as the New Zealanders won't want it...THIS WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY.
[/b]

f*** it, your right. Theres no point arguing about it.

yes. This match will go down in history. The foward pass would be shown a million times on new zealand television and even be made as a parody by our own shows Face Lift and Pulp Sport. i can already see it..

But this will go down in history as the worst refereeing moments of history in my opinion. A real gutter.

Yeah, the reffing was abysmal and average games played by both teams (in my opinion anyway), however the difference was France took the oppurtunities with both hands, whereas NZ too often didn't.

This game will go down in history as the game that embarrassed NZ and it's punters unfortunately. Its good in a way though :p

Sure there was the ref... but a great team wins without refs - that's no excuse - I am French and I live in NZ - you can't imagine how the medias were just so over confident that the Abs' would "walk all over the Cheese-eating surrender monkeys" and other crap in this style. No matter what, this game WILL go down in History for all the other countries that think Kiwis are a wee bit up their asses when Rugby is in question... Don't get me wrong - I still think the AB's are the best team in the world - but they need to learn the concept of "Humility". Maybe then they'll win a WC - see you in 2011!

For peoples complaining, the ref did also mistakes in some faults NZ made and were not given. I would say both sides played well, ref was not exeptionnal, but the match was.

For peoples complaining, the ref did also mistakes in some faults NZ made and were not given. I would say both sides played well, ref was not exeptionnal, but the match was.
[/b]

To be honest Barnes did seem to favour the French, maybe he was swayed by the crowd. Who knows but there wasnt many decisions went for the All Blacks considering they had soooooooooooo much possesion in the French half and they only got a couple of kickable penalties. Either thats the best discipline in history or the ref missed a few incidents in the ruck.

Ugly match but what a drama.

Best Haka ever. 13-3 at the end of the first half, with two kicks missed by both Beauxis and Elissalde and many occasions of tries for New Zealand. No way to win. And that second half... an epic performance from Dusautoir, the NeoZ's unceasing pick and go for their second try, the crazy run of Vincent Clerc for bother McCallister in his conversion... that undreamed 'forward-break' from Michalak for Jauzion's try, that heroic defense and finally Elissalde running on the pitch and kicking the ball like a kid.

This was so intense. Maybe more than the 99's semi-final, because at 20 minutes of the end France had already a 20 points lead and the suspense was over. Very intense.

... especially if you're French ;)

Well, referee made a big mistake for the French try but he didn’t make it in purpose to favour the French team. He could have done the same for the AB’s. Moreover, when the Ab’s settled in the French 30 meters during the last 10 minutes, it wasn’t the referee’s fault if the Ab’s didn’t tried to kick drop goals… The yellow card was totally justified. Anyway, when I saw Carter leaving the field, I thought it was definitely not a day for NZ rugby.

Maybe I would have preferred we lost by 40 points against NZ in quarter than losing as we did in semi against England… 

Latest posts