• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

france rwc winners?

stana

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
though france are rivals, i am surprised they have not won a w.c , i do think that they will ,maybe before england will again. any one agree?

It depends on how well England and France develop. By the time the next Rugby World Cup comes along we likely won't see players like Dusautoir, Harinordoquy or Yachvili selected, but the young players les Bleus have coming through the ranks are quite incredible. I'm not sure about England's youth, but I'm really excited about France's chances in England in four years.

France are crackers eh? The fact that they could appoint the (ex?) South African coach Peter de Villiers and have a more settled squad says it all. Odd that both their football and rugby teams blew up in consecutive World Cups. Something about the state of sport in the nation? Their domestic rugby needs a wage cap, less chutzpah and more hard work.Until then they definitely won't have the consistency/ethic to win a WC.

Tis due to a large number of replays circulating on youtube where the quality wasn't the best and you couldn't tell whether the ball went inside or outside of the post at the time I was 100% sure it went through and the touch judges gave it so I suspect it is a storm in a coffee cup.

Of course they'll win a world cup, France are a very good team and have as much chance as the other top teams.

France are crackers eh? The fact that they could appoint the (ex?) South African coach Peter de Villiers and have a more settled squad says it all. Odd that both their football and rugby teams blew up in consecutive World Cups. Something about the state of sport in the nation? Their domestic rugby needs a wage cap, less chutzpah and more hard work.Until then they definitely won't have the consistency/ethic to win a WC.

Considering that the football team crashed out of the group stage and the rugby team nearly won the world cup, I don't think there is much to compare other than hiss fits and arguments.

Also read this—

Over the recent years, the Top 14 has seen the economic strength of its clubs rise significantly. Helped with high attendances, large TV rights contracts, public subsidies and the rise of the euro exchange rate, Top 14 clubs have seen their overall spending budget increase significantly. In 2011-2012, 4 clubs had a budget over 20 millions euros. The average salary of players in the Top 14 were estimated to have risen, in 2010, to an average of $153,700 (to compare with $123,000 in the English Premiership). The wealth of the Top 14 clubs has led them to attract a large number of international players, and to build teams with more depth in strength (in 2011, Top 14 clubs could have as many as 45 players to compare with 33 for Leicester Tigers, 2011 Premiership winner).

Two recent changes in regulation may limit somehow this economic growth. First, the French government repelled the law known as DIC (Droit à l'Image Collectif) the 1st July 2010. This law, allowed all member clubs in French professional sports organisations to treat 30% of each player's salary as image rights. This portion of player salaries was thus exempt from France's high payroll and social insurance taxes.

Second, to control the growth of clubs spendings, the LNR introduced a salary cap in the Top 14 in the 2010–11 season. Under the provisions of the cap, team payrolls was limited to €8 million. This is in addition to an existing requirement that wage bills be no more than 50% of a team's turnover. However, the €8 million cap was only 5% greater than the highest official wage bill in the 2009–10 Top 14, and translated to £7.1 million at the time the cap was announced, well above the English Premiership's then-current £4 million cap.

For the season 2011-2012, the LNR raised the salary cap to €8.7 millions euros. At the same time as LNR announced the salary cap, it also announced new rules requiring a minimum percentage of French players on club rosters. Original plans were to require 50% French players in 2010–11, but protests from leading clubs led to a reduction to 40% for that season. The 50% quota must be met in 2011–12, and 60% in 2012–13. Qualifying players must have been registered with the FFR for at least five years before turning 21, or have spent three seasons in an FFR-approved training centre if they are currently under 21.

Yes, I'll confirm that! Here in France it has been the matter of many talk-show, but anyway, this is rugby not the italian "calcio", so doesn't matter...

And I think again that if Parra hadnt' been injured that cup came to France...I remind everybody that Trinh-duc has failed one drop at the end of first half and one kick in the second one...

Yes, I'll confirm that! Here in France it has been the matter of many talk-show, but anyway, this is rugby not the italian "calcio", so doesn't matter...

And I think again that if Parra hadnt' been injured that cup came to France...I remind everybody that Trinh-duc has failed one drop at the end of first half and one kick in the second one...

Parra is certainly a better kicker than Trinh-Duc, but Trinh-Duc played a major role in setting up the try so it evens out

Parra is certainly a better kicker than Trinh-Duc, but Trinh-Duc played a major role in setting up the try so it evens out

yes Duck, you're right, Trinh-Duc played not so bad, but you know, if you're a kicker in a RWC final everybody will take a look at your kicks...anyway I had preferred that Parra wasn't injured after only 10 minutes ;)

I think Yachvili should have taken that penalty instead of Trinh-Duc, but no matter now.

I think Yachvili should have taken that penalty instead of Trinh-Duc, but no matter now.

Yachvili had the corked thigh or something if I am not mistaken.....

Trinh-Duc played a cracker in my mind should be are cemented Fly half for the future will only get better.

Yachvili had the corked thigh or something if I am not mistaken.....

Trinh-Duc played a cracker in my mind should be are cemented Fly half for the future will only get better.

Ah yes, totally forgot about that—unfortunate really. I agree about Trinh-Duc, he's a fantastic fly half.

Latest posts