• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs Fiji

All tries coming from good basic moves

Fiji keeping it fairly close was something I expected, but I was hoping for a bit more fluidity from them and a better set piece with their Super Rugby exposure. Still, good to see their pack at times can do okay in an armwrestle against France.

That was a terrible try to concede,

I thought France would run away with it after kicking themselves to a comfortable lead but the game opened up a bit after

Even when Fiji secure ball at lineout it looks like nobody has a clue what to do with it. Before tonight I thought they'd have a good chance in England next week, but I'd rate their chances at around 15% on this showing.

France have been phoning in their performance, as they often do against Italy plus Tier2. No conclusions to be drawn there.

Well that was....a game

France not vintage but scored whenever they really felt like it,
Fiji had some flashes but for the most part disjointed and pretty poor

God knows what will happen vs England - both sides crap but Fiji the more likely to have a moment of brilliance and score a try that'll seal it

Their issue, as always, is the halfbacks
Lomani has been terrible

It's what's holding them back from really kicking on to the next level
Well Lomani is still better than young and england have competed at the top level with him.

Game time against top opposition is the biggest reason for them not kicking on.

So prior to this game, since the last World Cup fiji has played seven games against rugby championship or six nations opponents, france have played 33. That doesn't help fiji in their chances

So prior to this game, since the last World Cup fiji has played seven games against rugby championship or six nations opponents, france have played 33. That doesn't help fiji in their chances
...and not that it's directly relevant to this thread but samoa has played one game against rugby championship or six nations opposition in that time, and it was italy. Moreover, in many of the games they have played players haven't made themselves available.

Gatland will be happy enough watching a strong Fiji team struggling for consistency of performance.
Scrum looked ok, but lineout disjointed, half backs looked awful, and their structure in defence broke down so easily.

I think Fiji are going to need to take the handbrake off to beat Wales, especially as the kicking % is so high.

Gatland will be happy enough watching a strong Fiji team struggling for consistency of performance.
Scrum looked ok, but lineout disjointed, half backs looked awful, and their structure in defence broke down so easily.

I think Fiji are going to need to take the handbrake off to beat Wales, especially as the kicking % is so high.
Don't worry, England will help get Fiji playing with confidence and consistency

Don't worry, England will help get Fiji playing with confidence and consistency
Will they?

For all the negativity about England, I dont think we have seen much of what they are capable of.

I get the feeling England are holding back, as are Wales.

Fiji will be excited by a crack at England, but I dont think they will get what they think they can. England need this victory, and need some positivity.

I've never seen an England team so underwhelming, I'm not saying it's a ploy, but we have seen nothing like they're first team.

If Fiji turn England over, not only is it devastating news for England, but it will give Fiji a huge boost going into the RWC, and if so I'd have Wales as slight underdogs for that first game.

Latest posts