• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

france world champion

first of all who cares about your cricket team this is international rugby. second i didn't use the word unbeatable and made no comment meaning that. i was just pointing out that the two teams we find hardest to beat go up north and are made to look average while we have won 21 from 21 since the world cup in the nh. [/b]
Originally posted by insaneasylum

i care about my cricket team and whether it's backyard cricket, international rugby or professional masturbating, i was highlighting a principal which still applies to the amazing unbeatable astranomical allblack gods who grace the field each weekend leaving their opposition in their wake.
I did not say they were unbeatable can you read this? :wall: My point is and this will be proved at the world cup and saved as a stat for later arguments that if the abs lose it will be to a sh team because none of the nh teams are good enough. however strangely i wouldn't rule out the nh teams from beating sa and aus because last years nh tours and others have shown aus and sa struggle in the nh.

*Edited by QKXV - Caps

[/quote] so frances humilation last year doesn't show that the allblacks are significantly better than any northern hemisphere side? in henrys coaching i don't think a single northen hemisphere side has beaten the allblacks because they don't have the fire power to get the job done. B)
[/quote]

Although the ABs are stronger by far on paper, I'm not sure at all that refereing to last year's humiliation or any past game is really significant. Last year was last year. To me it's as relevant as refering to the 1999 NZ-France 1/4 final (47-30 for France if I remember well) to argue that France will beat the ABs. Let's be realistic, every team with a correct potential in this WC will be willing to go as far as possible. Then during a single game, everything can happen and as it's been said, not always the best team wins.

Maybe the ABs will simply lose from a self confidence overload...
Maybe this invincibility feeling will make them even better...
Maybe Italy will at last be respected by the refs and make it all the way through...
Maybe England will wake up and go from strength to strength...
Maybe France will consider home advantage is enough and will preserve themselves until a final they'll never reach...

;-)

What I know for sure is that this WC is full of promises and as I live near Stade de France, whoever plays the final I'll be there and it'll be great.

Your right about France but dont also forget the wrath that South Africa and NZ posess in there current form

Interesting to read this thread which started before the Tri Nations.

Funny how

The ABs are not so dominant now
SA have there act together and look very strong now
AUS manage to pull a very capable team together
France has everyone worried
Ireland perhaps have stayed still, where other teams have caught/passed them

Amazing what can happen in the 4 months leading up to a world cup!

This RWC has gone from being a cake walk for the ABs, to the most fiercely contested tournament yet.

Hoorah!!!

i personally believe that France has a very good chance of winning this final, and it wouldn't be bad if they win it , after having been to 2 previous finals, i think if they are going to ever win it they will find redemption at home

Interesting to read this thread which started before the Tri Nations.

Funny how

The ABs are not so dominant now
SA have there act together and look very strong now
AUS manage to pull a very capable team together
France has everyone worried
Ireland perhaps have stayed still, where other teams have caught/passed them

Amazing what can happen in the 4 months leading up to a world cup!

This RWC has gone from being a cake walk for the ABs, to the most fiercely contested tournament yet.

Hoorah!!! [/b]

Well you know I still think that NZ are favourite and should win this competition although it may not be as easy as one can have thought one year ago. Several team with a better preparation look like being capable to offer a better opposition to the ABs but these latter have also received a specific training that should also improve their game.

The French may have received a training that is more in line with the usual SH standard but this is exceptional as it is also for the ABs and logically this should allow the ABs to keep their competitive advantage.