• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

france world champion

<div class='quotemain'> In my opioion, France and Ireland are both just as crap as England in terms of depth and skill right now, just look at the Six Nations for proof of that (a major factor for the humiliation in Crooke Park was the England players simply cannot perform to any sort of standard away from home in front of a hostile crowd... The Wales and two SA tests also showed this).

While I think the Aussies aren't anywhere near their best, there's enough about them to pick apart any of the Northern Hemisphere 'elite' whiles the Boks could easily steam roller over any of the 5 nations. [/b]

Hey we've beaten SAF in SAF who have beaten AB in SAF .... unfortunatly WC is not down there !!!! :wall: :p

seriously i think that all of the major nations have the same level ... except the AB who are far in front. but look at football at the last WC, Brazil was the unbeatable gran favourit ... and we kicked them out in 1/4. Chabal could be the Zidane of rugby and the best AB on the field (like Zidane has been the best Brazilian last year !!!). WC is WC and its not a simple competition. we nearly got out of the WC qualifs ... doing tie matches against switzerland ... and we only lost on penalty shootout in the WC final ... so everything is possible. Look at this year's 6N, who could have said before that we could loose against England ?!? Surprise surprise !!!!! :unsure: ;) :mellow:

[/b][/quote]

Well you know football and Rugby are quite different from the point of view of predictability. Football is more random. Of course I would be very enthousiast if France manage to win versus the ABs but it is fair to say that at the moment this is more unlikely than likely. Regarding the Boks or the Wallabies the likelyhood of defeating them is definitively bigger and if they are on par with France I think the home advantage will change the balance toward les Bleus.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> In my opioion, France and Ireland are both just as crap as England in terms of depth and skill right now, just look at the Six Nations for proof of that (a major factor for the humiliation in Crooke Park was the England players simply cannot perform to any sort of standard away from home in front of a hostile crowd... The Wales and two SA tests also showed this).

While I think the Aussies aren't anywhere near their best, there's enough about them to pick apart any of the Northern Hemisphere 'elite' whiles the Boks could easily steam roller over any of the 5 nations. [/b]

Hey we've beaten SAF in SAF who have beaten AB in SAF .... unfortunatly WC is not down there !!!! :wall: :p

seriously i think that all of the major nations have the same level ... except the AB who are far in front. but look at football at the last WC, Brazil was the unbeatable gran favourit ... and we kicked them out in 1/4. Chabal could be the Zidane of rugby and the best AB on the field (like Zidane has been the best Brazilian last year !!!). WC is WC and its not a simple competition. we nearly got out of the WC qualifs ... doing tie matches against switzerland ... and we only lost on penalty shootout in the WC final ... so everything is possible. Look at this year's 6N, who could have said before that we could loose against England ?!? Surprise surprise !!!!! :unsure: ;) :mellow:

[/b][/quote]

Well you know football and Rugby are quite different from the point of view of predictability. Football is more random. Of course I would be very enthousiast if France manage to win versus the ABs but it is fair to say that at the moment this is more unlikely than likely. Regarding the Boks or the Wallabies the likelyhood of defeating them is definitively bigger and if they are on par with France I think the home advantage will change the balance toward les Bleus.

[/b][/quote]

naaaah don't be so pessimistic. we've got something that the others haven't : we are crazy !!! (crazy f**** froggies) :D

ALLEZ LES BLEUUUUUUUUS

france dont stand a chance at this world cup i think only aussie are the only ones mentally tough enough to beat the ABs

naaaah don't be so pessimistic. we've got something that the others haven't : we are crazy !!! (crazy f**** froggies) :D
[/b]

I guess that explains how you lost to England.. the "Dr. Jekyill and Mr. Hyde"(+/- French flair) thing; sadly, I just don't see any of them defeating the All Blacks.

i really hope somebody steps up in this comp. most teams so far have shown they are capable of an absolutely horrendous performance. england against ireland, france against england and aus against wales. south africa look okay after the weekend. if they turn up with the speedy guys and the captain, they could ruffle a few feathers. as history has told, even on their best day, ireland dont have what it takes to beat the abs. (and they had a couple of good test against them last year).

so i guess sa will turn in a decent showing, but of the other 3 (sorry wales but no, not you) we should hope for a bolter to make the comp interesting.

Seriously, if the ABs don't put this SA team away in the first match of the 3N, then we're looking at a close competition and a close RWC. ABs are clear favourites for both, but SA/Aus/Ireland/France are on a par with each other and may not be as far behind the Thunder Gods as people assume. We'll see on Saturday.

[/b]

So, what are your thoughts now that the All Blacks have beaten the Springboks in South Africa?

So, what are your thoughts now that the All Blacks have beaten the Springboks in South Africa?[/b]
:unknw:

Assuming its the Irish that end up playing the AB's in the quarters, our only hope is to catch you on your bad day (you will have one during the tournament), hope you get food poisoning, or simply get the sh*t knocked out of you by the Scots and the Italians in the group stages :) Me thinks the French or the Argies will be hoping for the same thing. We'll go into it blindly optimistic of causing an upset but I'd say, given the matches we'll have in our group and the matches you will have in yours, me thinks the AB's will be playing a bunch of ........
:inv3ox: :inv3ox: :inv3ox: :inv3ox: :inv3ox: :inv3ox: :inv3ox: :inv3ox:

A bunch of Smileys on crutches sucking gobstoppers?

Are things that bad in Ireland right now?

<div class='quotemain'>

Seriously, if the ABs don't put this SA team away in the first match of the 3N, then we're looking at a close competition and a close RWC. ABs are clear favourites for both, but SA/Aus/Ireland/France are on a par with each other and may not be as far behind the Thunder Gods as people assume. We'll see on Saturday.

[/b]

So, what are your thoughts now that the All Blacks have beaten the Springboks in South Africa?
[/b][/quote]

I dunno ... ABs can play a lot better if allowed. Are SA the only team who could have led them for 70+ mins?

What if the monumental error of Steyn at #10 hadn't been forced upon them? SA could have held on for the win with the right decisions, but the ABs were missing key players - result: the Thunder Gods are not as far ahead as assumed. France, and maybe even England will like that.

Saturday will be a must watch for the Irish, since Aus are on a par with us and play smart structured rugby. Their defence is tight as well, so a home win will make me happy. An AB win will get the thunder rumbling - but flashes of heavenly lightning only if tries come for the ABs in both halfs.

Given Jake White's policy of sending weak squads overseas, then the 3N won't be close. So that benchmark is gone.

The criticism of the referees in both games so far is wide of the mark - mistakes were made, but the flow was good. Marginal fumbles were not seen as knock ons, and teams who didn't put enough players into the rucks got pushed off the ball good and proper - that's a real contest.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I dunno ... ABs can play a lot better if allowed. Are SA the only team who could have led them for 70+ mins?

What if the monumental error of Steyn at #10 hadn't been forced upon them? SA could have held on for the win with the right decisions, but the ABs were missing key players - result: the Thunder Gods are not as far ahead as assumed. France, and maybe even England will like that.

Saturday will be a must watch for the Irish, since Aus are on a par with us and play smart structured rugby. Their defence is tight as well, so a home win will make me happy. An AB win will get the thunder rumbling - but flashes of heavenly lightning only if tries come for the ABs in both halfs.

Given Jake White's policy of sending weak squads overseas, then the 3N won't be close. So that benchmark is gone.

The criticism of the referees in both games so far is wide of the mark - mistakes were made, but the flow was good. Marginal fumbles were not seen as knock ons, and teams who didn't put enough players into the rucks got pushed off the ball good and proper - that's a real contest.
[/b][/quote]

England won't get far enough in the world cup to be a problem for the ABs! I think Ireland / France pool game is the most interestng match up until the quarters cos who ever loses that (and I think it could easily be France!) will face the ABs. Home team out after the quarters?

would not surprise me ... we are able of the best and worst !!!! winning the wc or loosing in pools

Why see the kiwi's as unbeatable? They're not. While the kiwi's are above the other teams they're not significantly better. Any of the top 6-7 nations could beat the kiwi's on a good day. The best team doesn't always win, the best team on the day doesn't even always win. Outcomes for sports are volatile and that's why we love it.

Odds are the ABs won't win the world cup. They're definitely not assured of making the final and even if they do they will still have another team to beat. It's amazing how overrated the kiwi's are year after year. Are they awesome? For sure, but we're talking about a highly competitive international sport. Total lack of respect.

Name me those "6 or 7" teams than.

This ain't Soccer, the All Blacks have only lost to what... 5 different international teams the last 50 years? The French, the English, The South Africans and the Aussies (As well as the British Lions). Only Two of those teams have beaten the Henry Coached All Blacks. South Africa are kack away from home and Australia have no foward pack.

Harp on about Home Field Advantage, but whats happened the three times Henry has coached the ABs in France? The Last time the All Blacks faced the Irish they changed the entire Starting XV and won by 40 points... and they still have that little history of never beating the All Blacks. Argentina still haven't proven much away from home that they are now supposedly anywhere near our level (They beat France yes, but did they win by 44 points in the rain?).

And please don't say the Welsh or the English.

Name me those "6 or 7" teams than.

This ain't Soccer, the All Blacks have only lost to what... 5 different international teams the last 50 years? The French, the English, The South Africans and the Aussies (As well as the British Lions). Only Two of those teams have beaten the Henry Coached All Blacks. South Africa are kack away from home and Australia have no foward pack.

Harp on about Home Field Advantage, but whats happened the three times Henry has coached the ABs in France? The Last time the All Blacks faced the Irish they changed the entire Starting XV and won by 40 points... and they still have that little history of never beating the All Blacks. Argentina still haven't proven much away from home that they are now supposedly anywhere near our level (They beat France yes, but did they win by 44 points in the rain?).

And please don't say the Welsh or the English. [/b]

Exactly.

well, there are just as unbeatable as in 1991, 1995, 1999 and 2003...

... the question is :

Are the 2007 ABs as unbeatable as the 1987 ABs, because those were f...ing UNBEATABLE... and thay had home ground advantage...

well, there are just as unbeatable as in 1991, 1995, 1999 and 2003...

... the question is :

Are the 2007 ABs as unbeatable as the 1987 ABs, because those were f...ing UNBEATABLE... and thay had home ground advantage... [/b]
well the only teams capable of beating the abs are aus and sa and both struggle away from home against nh teams go firgure.

no one is unbeatable, not even the all blacks.

i've played a lot of cricket in my time. we had to face the top side in the semis one year, they hadn't dropped a game all year and were clearly on top. we ended up rolling them in the semis and they were ****** of, then we went on to get slaughtered in the grand final by a team we beat during the season.

go figure!

no one is unbeatable, not even the all blacks.

i've played a lot of cricket in my time. we had to face the top side in the semis one year, they hadn't dropped a game all year and were clearly on top. we ended up rolling them in the semis and they were ****** of, then we went on to get slaughtered in the grand final by a team we beat during the season.

go figure! [/b]
first of all who cares about your cricket team this is international rugby. second i didn't use the word unbeatable and made no comment meaning that. i was just pointing out that the two teams we find hardest to beat go up north and are made to look average while we have won 21 from 21 since the world cup in the nh.

Look - I reckon the world cup is going to produce some great rugby, and 'more than likely' the ABs will get to the final. I don't think that it's written in stone that they're going to walk away with it, but they should with their depth in squad.
This is the world cup, a completely different animal to the November tests or other one-off games that you're all churning out stats from. The Aussies proved that the ABs aren't completely infallible. As has been mentioned before, after the pool games, key players for any team could be out of the tournament, and that affects every team.
On their day, The top tier nations could all beat each other.....history doesn't give a **** on matchday. I don't care if we've never beaten the ABs for example.....that's all history now. Look at Munster and their HC unbeaten run in Thomond...that's all it was....a run....it ended.
Depth in squad wins competitions like this, hence why i say the ABs should go all the way.
My two cents.......finished.

P.s. - this post can also be applied to the 'Who is going to win the world cup' Topic

<div class='quotemain'> no one is unbeatable, not even the all blacks.

go figure! [/b]
first of all who cares about your cricket team this is international rugby. second i didn't use the word unbeatable and made no comment meaning that. i was just pointing out that the two teams we find hardest to beat go up north and are made to look average while we have won 21 from 21 since the world cup in the nh. [/b][/quote]

i care about my cricket team and whether it's backyard cricket, international rugby or professional masturbating, i was highlighting a principal which still applies to the amazing unbeatable astranomical allblack gods who grace the field each weekend leaving their opposition in their wake.