• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Freedom Fighters

C

Confused

I got it in the clearance bin for $10. I just started. It is different. I didn't like it at first. I think the controls suck, but it is starting to grow on me.

Any insight from anyone? Tips, hints, etc...

God that takes me back... Most underated game out there.

Where abouts are you up?

One thing - Your own teammates can hurt you so stay out of their way, also always send your troops first into unfamiliar territory to protect your health... you can always recruit new Patriots.

Yeah this is a good game - apparently there is also a sequel.

Definitely send your lemmings - I mean recruits into areas first - this allows you to draw out the enemy without draining your health.

I like the part where you have to run to another building across the street and halfway along you realise that there is a big tank aiming straight at you - you go - WTF!???? Ohhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Bang!

Biggest complaints:

The controls. No quick-fire. Everything is manual aim and it takes forever.

Saving: When you die you go all the way back to the beginning. It needs to have checkpoints that you can save even when you quit.

Right now I am just starting. I rescued my brother and I rescued the hot female insurgent leader. Then I got 2 muldoons to go with me and we wiped out a compound. Now I am on the next level and we have to go blow up a bridge and then some other stuff. I battled my way to the bridge only to find out from my little graffiti-writing friend that I need dynamite. So then I was enroute to the weapons supply depot when i got whacked. Because it was about 1 in the morning I quit. When I started again, I was way back at the start of the level again. At least I know not to fight my way to the bridge until I have the explosives this time.

A little more Charisma and I should be able to take 3 muldoons with me.

The Hind helicopter flew over while we were crossing the street and wiped out both of my muldoons.

Oh man awsome game aye! i loved that different type of action game. good value to if you can get it for just $10

The best thing about it IMO is the fact theres actually decent rag doll physics in the game.

Freedom Fighters 2 will probably be one of my first purchases when I go next gen.

Originally posted by BigTen@Jun 5 2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah this is a good game - apparently there is also a sequel.

Definitely send your lemmings - I mean recruits into areas first - this allows you to draw out the enemy without draining your health.

I like the part where you have to run to another building across the street and halfway along you realise that there is a big tank aiming straight at you - you go - WTF!???? Ohhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Bang!
Big Ten,

Thanks. Good stuff. I am figuring this out. I just cleared level 2. The Hotel was tough and so was the helipad. I also figured out how to save at the different sewer entrances.

I now have four muldoons and I just kind of hang back, give orders, give medical attention, and provide suppressive fire. Four muldoons has given me the ability to use some tactics. I put two of them somewhat close to the objective and tell them to defend. Basically they become the support by fire position. I get all the Soviets fighting them and then have the other two muldoons assault through the OBJ. They hit a lot of guys in the flank and I get a nice cross-fire going. Nice... Once the assault team starts to take the OBJ, I unleash the other two. Works pretty well. This game is fun.

I have also discovered the benefit of taking the sniper rifle and picking off the guys on the machine guns by myself before I let the muldoons loose. When level two was over I had fired about 250 rounds and my muldoons had fired about 4,500. I still refuse to leave a fallen comrade behind. I heal all of them.

I like to butt-stroke guys with by rifle once in awhile too.

yeah i remember never giving that game a 2nd look in the video and game stores but after i read a review on it in a ps2 magazine which gave it sum pretty good scores i hired it out. by then it was already on 7day hire.. awesome if u got it for $10!!! i eventually bought it for like $60
and ur right ripper, definately one of the most underrated games! my cuz was real shocked when i lent it to him.

Originally posted by Confused@Jun 6 2006, 09:09 AM
I like to butt-stroke guys
See how dangerous quotations can be when taken out of context?

I had this game on gamecube and really enjoyed it - very different and some great ideas. Felt the multiplayer was quite diappointing though. I would love to see a sequel on 360 or PS3

Originally posted by toup+Jun 9 2006, 02:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Confused
@Jun 6 2006, 09:09 AM
I like to butt-stroke guys
See how dangerous quotations can be when taken out of context?

I had this game on gamecube and really enjoyed it - very different and some great ideas. Felt the multiplayer was quite diappointing though. I would love to see a sequel on 360 or PS3 [/b]
Ya know what's funny? When I wrote that I looked at it and considered changing it but I just knew that some ass-clown would do what you just did. :bana:

The same guy who thinks it's cool or funny to be #69 on the bar-league softball team ;)

OK,

I just finished it on the #2 difficulty. Too easy, but that first level where you have to take down the police station by yourself was killing me on the next higher level because I didn't get the controls. The controls still suck. That is my biggest complaint with this game. Give me a quick-aim button and I am happy. Once you have some muldoons it as not that big of an issue. By the time I got to the assassination mission, I had figured out the controls and was OK. However, I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is to have some Soviet Soldier right in front of you and you can't seem to point your weapon at him. It was the close-combat that was the worst. When you had some distance it was OK. If a guy comes around the corner right in front of you, you just point and unload some ammo into him. No need to take careful aim at that range.

Latest posts