Futurama Is Back

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Bullitt, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Comedy Central Revives 'Futurama'

Latest Fox Project to Reappear on Cable
    By James Hibberd
    Three years after Fox canceled the show, Matt Groening's "Futurama" will resume production for a 13-episode run on Comedy Central. The new episodes will be added to the network's library of 72 "Futurama" episodes previously licensed from 20th Century Fox Television. Voice talent Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio will return for the new episodes, which will debut in 2008.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library, but something they've never seen as well," said David Bernath, senior VP, programming, Comedy Central.

"Futurama" marks the third Fox project revived by basic cable in recent years. New episodes of "Greg the Bunny" are being ordered by IFC, and Fox resurrected "Family Guy" after the series found success on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

======================

Oh yeah baby, have some of that!!! :D :D :D

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. DC

DC Guest

CHYEA BOI CHYEA CHYEA

ALSO NOT TO MENTION 4 FULL LENGTH STRAIGHT TO DVD MOVIES!!!!

4. sanzar

sanzar Guest

F@#$ YEAH! I love FUTURAMA! It's one of my all time favourate cartoon comedies along with Family Guy, American Dad and the Simpsons (I don't really like South Park anymore).

5. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

Yep, some quality tv there...

6. MonoTurd

MonoTurd Guest

my pants are damp already

7. dobrien7

dobrien7 Guest

and then you heard Futurama's back :p

Never seen many eps, must give it a go this time round

8. I know I'm going to get ripped for this, always have been, but IN MY OPINION:

Futurama > The Simpsons

Roll on its return...

9. DC

DC Guest

webby i agree with you on that one

also i feel comparing futurama to the new family guy season

futurama>family guy

FG got rather repetative..

10. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Nah, that's a fair call. I think you'll find a lot of people will agree with you on that... me being one.

11. Candyman

Candyman Guest

That programme is awesome bender is my fav he is such a drunken fool :D

12. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Nobody beats Zoidberg. The new episodes HAVE to have more of Dr. Zoidberg.

13. Ripper

Ripper Guest

"I'm not saying Professor Farnsworth is old, but if you consider his age, he's likely to die soon."

Probably Zoidbergs best quote. I also like that one where they crash in Roswell, and the scienctists in Area 51 are cutting him up on the table, and when they start cutting his throat area he says "Hey, I need that to speak", the Two scientists look at each, then start cutting faster.

14. DC

DC Guest

haha i love when they make fun of zoidberg like he isn't even there

zoidberg crying "that pig has the same sandals as me!"

haha

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!