• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game Faults

I've still to repeat it, so perhaps I should not put it in here...

... but I came across a situation where I attempted a drop goal with England against Australia (in the demo) and the ball bounced off the crossbar and behind into the try area, where I managed to dive on the ball and score a try (with Cohen)...

... the thing is that should have been a successful drop goal (tho I was grateful of the 5 pts instead of 3

if anyone else see's this, could they verify if this flaw does exist or if I totally missed what happened on my screen and the try was a legitimate score? (until then I believe its a flaw)

This happened on '04 once or twice. I'm not actually sure that the ball went over the crossbar. It may have hit the bottom of the crossbar as it was rising and made a deflection to stop it from going over. None the less I was happy with my try!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 11 2005, 10:33 AM

... but I came across a situation where I attempted a drop goal with England against Australia (in the demo) and the ball bounced off the crossbar and behind into the try area, where I managed to dive on the ball and score a try (with Cohen)...

... the thing is that should have been a successful drop goal (tho I was grateful of the 5 pts instead of 3

if anyone else see's this, could they verify if this flaw does exist or if I totally missed what happened on my screen and the try was a legitimate score? (until then I believe its a flaw)
are u sure that you used the right button to kick a dropgoal?just wonderin

Mate they may have changed it for this game, but in '04 u would kick a drop goal if u were in range, from an up and under, scrumhalf kick, or punt/dropkick. This was a good inclusion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
if anyone else see's this, could they verify if this flaw does exist or if I totally missed what happened on my screen and the try was a legitimate score? (until then I believe its a flaw)[/b]

I had a situation where my kick hit the post then bounced on to the crossbar then dribbled over and i was awarded the drop goal and won the game . Talk about holding your breath ..........uhhhhh
<
...........ooohhhh
<
................ahhhh
<
So i'd say that flaw has been fixed for the full version or you mistook what you saw.

Originally posted by Badboy+Mar 11 2005, 10:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Mar 11 2005, 10:41 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Mar 11 2005, 10:33 AM

are u sure that you used the right button to kick a dropgoal?just wonderin [/b]

yeah, def tried with a drop goal effort... it was from about 35m out, so an up-and-under would never have got that far... def the red arrow appeared...

the funny thing is tho, the replay only played once, which is normal for a kicked score, but a try replay you always see twice (fast and then slower version)... and I def got awarded the 5 points and had to kick a conversion afterwards

I have tried an up-and-under between the sticks and nothing was given... so i know that rule no longer applies

... I'll just have to keep giving it a go and see if it happens again or if I am just plain crazy (and blind)
<

Originally posted by tokomoe@Mar 11 2005, 11:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

I had a situation where my kick hit the post then bounced on to the crossbar then dribbled over and i was awarded the drop goal and won the game . Talk about holding your breath ..........uhhhhh
<
...........ooohhhh
<
................ahhhh
<
So i'd say that flaw has been fixed for the full version or you mistook what you saw. [/b][/quote]

if you've seen that tokomoe I'll believe that its been changed for the full version (and rightly so)...

I will try and do it again (I drop goal during most games) just to make sure I am not talking shite !

Okay, not sure if this is a fault or just ridiculous, and if anyone can help out -- wonderful . . .

Scrums.

I mean, what the hell? Be it Hard diff, or even Medium -- is it all about timing? And if so, what frame of reference does this timing take cause it seems damn near impossible to get it right. As of now, I'm hating the scrums in this game. I'd as soon collapse it than do it, even when I'm playing as teams with a better pack.

Make sure you start raking IMMEDIATELY after the feed.

After you rake 2 or 3 times, concentrate on the push.

If you don't get a good push, release and push again.

As for winning against the head, start hammering on the rake button as soon as you see the opposing scrum half move to make the feed.

Here are a few problems ive noticed..

Note everything is from the xbox version.

1- the computer players can magically teleport the ball to themselves when its 5m away...gets annoying.

2- Controlling the fullback trying to get him into catching the ball on the fly is near impossible.

3- the special moves are quite useless on the normal setting.

Well said. But if anyone knows could they say if this is the same on other platforms?

Originally posted by Jester+Mar 11 2005, 10:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jester @ Mar 11 2005, 10:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DAVIES
@Mar 11 2005, 07:40 AM
I'd hate to visit the universe where a man's intellect or worth was determined by the number of times he'd posted on a message board.

But that's just me.
My thoughts exactly [/b]
It does actually when it pertains to when you joined...

two days into being a part of the forum you have told me to shut the hell up when you didn't know the full story...

Note Jimmy 44's apology further down from the post when you told me to" shut the hell up".

When I was a newbie (and I still consider myslef basically one anyway) - I would.ve apologised for pulling some whack **** like you did - but instead you defended it and still do.

That's BS mate. The fact that Jimmy 44 dsicussed it and wasn't even the one who put the spoiler note up makes his behaviour even worse frankly.

I spoke of Caps as a more experienced poster because I thought that you might understand that, rather than the truth which is that he is an award-winning and respected poster on this forum (very highly regarded indeed) and he was ad amant also that it should be over in the spoiler thread that Jimmy 44 had already spoiled. Instead you disrespected that.....

You are just flat out in the wrong here - no two ways about it.

Latest posts