• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gameplay Video

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 1 2006, 03:33 AM
RIGHT THATS IT, TIME TO THROW THE TOYS OUT OF THE PRAM. THIS FORUM IS SO GODDAMN BORING. NO FAULT OF YOU GUYS, JUST I FEEL STARVED OF:

NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEOS
NEW SCREENSHOTS
MORE FEEDBACK FROM OUR FRIEND MR LOCKS (i.e Q &A section...kidding
<
)
PREVIEWS
INSIGHTS INTO THE GAME

GIVE ME SOMETHING BEFORE I GO MAD!!
<

OK just taken some valium... feeling calmer now....rant over

thank you

<

p.s Please don't take this post seriously.

Thank you again
<p.s Please don't take this post seriously.>

No, I will dabnabbit!!

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

okay I am alright too now...

but I AGREE!!!!

Locks - you are killing us....do we have to wait till trev's game runs a few copies over the counter b4 the ea06 hype begins again?

bring the hype!!!!!!!!!!

wahoooooooooooooooooooo!!

<

sorry.

what the other guys said.

<

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 1 2006, 12:43 AM
I think this is reason why we're always disappointed with these games.  We just follow them for months and months, firstly get excited about the features, then from previews we start building up in our heads how the game will play, then one individual will get some hands on, and the hype reaches boiling point, we think we have the best game that's ever come out.

It's always the same, I know I should stay away from these boards pre-release, but I can't it's an addiction.

I think this is termed parasympathetic system exhaustion or better know as stress. This can easily turn over to derpression if the exhaustion continues over a long period of time. So if you really want this game and you've pre-ordered it and the delivery company botches the delivery soon you will become depressed.....

Now, what happens with getting exited about the features, and then the building "in our heads" and subsequesntly the hype reaching boiling point is that the underlying low level anxiety that is created by all of this starts releasing endorphins into our systems. If for some reason the game you receive can't create the same buzz that this low level anxiety did (but remember if this anxiety continues without the game +depression) then you get what is termed dissapointment, experienced as a come down (ask any clubber - not the seal cluubbing kind). I doubt that we will get to this point. Well maybe about one or two things.

When this game comes out I am sure we will see a lot of ranting and raving about this not being right and that not being right but meanwhile, back at the ranch as they say we'll be holed up behind our screens screaming at it in what is termed as pure exitement with no sign of depression, and replacing one addiction with another. for another year until the releasae R2007 with added features like a rucking system etc

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 1 2006, 04:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Feb 1 2006, 04:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mikeeboy
@Feb 1 2006, 12:43 AM
I think this is reason why we're always disappointed with these games.  We just follow them for months and months, firstly get excited about the features, then from previews we start building up in our heads how the game will play, then one individual will get some hands on, and the hype reaches boiling point, we think we have the best game that's ever come out.

It's always the same, I know I should stay away from these boards pre-release, but I can't it's an addiction.

I think this is termed parasympathetic system exhaustion or better know as stress. This can easily turn over to derpression if the exhaustion continues over a long period of time. So if you really want this game and you've pre-ordered it and the delivery company botches the delivery soon you will become depressed.....

Now, what happens with getting exited about the features, and then the building "in our heads" and subsequesntly the hype reaching boiling point is that the underlying low level anxiety that is created by all of this starts releasing endorphins into our systems. If for some reason the game you receive can't create the same buzz that this low level anxiety did (but remember if this anxiety continues without the game +depression) then you get what is termed dissapointment, experienced as a come down (ask any clubber - not the seal cluubbing kind). I doubt that we will get to this point. Well maybe about one or two things.

When this game comes out I am sure we will see a lot of ranting and raving about this not being right and that not being right but meanwhile, back at the ranch as they say we'll be holed up behind our screens screaming at it in what is termed as pure exitement with no sign of depression, and replacing one addiction with another. for another year until the releasae R2007 with added features like a rucking system etc [/b]
Great post I like your take on things!
<

Actually come to think of it its probably a good thing that we are not being fed too much information before the release, because at least we have the chance to discover the good and bad bits ourselves! In a way this spoilt rugby 2005, because we were all aware of the faults e.g. diagonol running etc many of which we might not even have noticed if we hadn't had inside information.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 1 2006, 05:32 AM
Actually come to think of it its probably a good thing that we are not being fed too much information before the release, because at least we have the chance to discover the good and bad bits ourselves! In a way this spoilt rugby 2005, because we were all aware of the faults e.g. diagonol running etc many of which we might not even have noticed if we hadn't had inside information.

Exactly! So if you don't create this low level anxiety (aka getting your hopes up) then you can't be dissapointed...you can only be impressed. And face it, you can only be impressed if you compare it to R2005 anyway...so whenever you feel that you are disspointed with something just compare it to something worse

example

I got R2005 and was slightly dissapointed that offloads wasn't included...then I compared it to wcr and was glad that R2005 didn't need button bashing to add players to the ruck thereby sparing my hands from suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, meaning I could keep using them for when r2006 came out or for otherwise pleasuring myself...
<

Originally posted by maddog79@Feb 1 2006, 08:20 PM
UPDATE:

another video, not gameplay but its Grant Fox describing the quick penalties

Game Trailers

its pretty short and is labled Penalty.
Has everyone seen the new preview trailer on the www.gametrailers.com site?

Quite in-depth look at the game. Bunching looks terrible on the side view and it seems very easy to break down the defennce. Also seems to be the big gap in the line AKA rugby 2005 but I presume this is on easy level!

Broadcast view looks much more playable.

Also noticed the off-loads look a bit confusing especially when a forward does an off-load. the ball seems to get lost in the crowd of players following the ball!

Graphics look amazing but as Locks says it looks like it plays like rugby 2005.

I just hope the Ai is much better!

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 1 2006, 04:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Feb 1 2006, 04:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mikeeboy
@Feb 1 2006, 12:43 AM

When this game comes out I am sure we will see a lot of ranting and raving about this not being right and that not being right but meanwhile, back at the ranch as they say we'll be holed up behind our screens screaming at it in what is termed as pure exitement with no sign of depression, and replacing one addiction with another. for another year until the releasae R2007 with added features like a rucking system etc [/b]
Interesting, this may be just me, but I find that handling/fondling a pair of ***s, whilst satisfying is never quite as good as you think it's going to be when looking at them.

It's like the thrill of the chase is better than the capture.

Is this the same thing as you describe, or am I just weird.
<

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 2 2006, 12:40 AM
Interesting, this may be just me, but I find that handling/fondling a pair of ***s, whilst satisfying is never quite as good as you think it's going to be when looking at them.

It's like the thrill of the chase is better than the capture.

Is this the same thing as you describe, or am I just weird.
<

There's a film called Brokeback Mountain, might make a man outta of you, mikeeboy.

Good find with the penalty footage.

ive hated every single rugby game that has come out since JLR....

but this one actually looks OK
<

ive hated every single rugby game that has come out since JLR....

but this one actually looks OK biggrin.gif[/b]

I don't know whether to be depressed or to be more optimistic now... :D

Latest posts