• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gamespot - 76%

yeah thats a good review, honest and not really to one sided.

i enjoyed reading that

cheers dude

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Feb 15 2006, 03:57 PM
Don't think its been posted before so here it is in all it's glory............

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/rugby06/review.html
good find RTC

good review by americans too

cant disagree with any of that........but being a rugby nut i am i'd up each score by 1 atleast

Sound is better than 7/10 - no matter what sports game u look at, rugby 2006 has great crowd noise - i guess commentary may have dropped its score...its commentary isnt like madden nba live etc....still decent for a rugby ***le, and u dont really get sick of it

EDIT: wait apart from the criticism of sideview its a good review
Side view if you are used to it, is the greatest.
i couldnt imagine madden on sideview so i see their take on it

I loved this bit the most :

Originally posted by gamespot

The teams available to you vary between tournaments. The Super 14, for example, features teams from New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, while the World Championship features national teams from the likes of Romania, USA, Namibia, and traditional powerhouses like Fiji..

:lol2tn:

Insert picture of Montgomery and Habana here.

You think NFL guys are tougher than rugby guys? Go ahead and tell him that.[/b]

I hope he wasn't talking about Montgomery.

All in all though, that was a very solid review I thought. The guy was pretty honest about it's strengths and weaknesses and it was probably good for the game to get such an objective and review. Mind you the IGN one was just as good.

I'm surprised the Gamespot and IGN reviews were so good. Defiantely a lot better than any review coming from a bias soccer supporter.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 15 2006, 06:12 PM
I'm surprised the Gamespot and IGN reviews were so good. Defiantely a lot better than any review coming from a bias soccer supporter.
Yeah it's funny isn't it? The yanks show far more respect for rugby games than the poms!

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 15 2006, 04:00 PM-->
I loved this bit the most :

<!--QuoteBegin-gamespot

The teams available to you vary between tournaments. The Super 14, for example, features teams from New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa, while the World Championship features national teams from the likes of Romania, USA, Namibia, and traditional powerhouses like Fiji..

:lol2tn: [/b]
yea...theres nothing wrong with that <_<

hey we cant help ourselves :lol:

still savin up for this game....these good reviews make me wanna do an armed robbery at Eb games...

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!!!...I WANT RUGBY 06 NOW!!!..DAMMIT GET IT!!!!...........................so when does medieval 2 total war come out?........ok thanks"

:bleh!: :lol2tn:

Latest posts