• Unemployed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
R

RC

I was just curious as to what most people on this forum do when they are not typing their lives away.
If you're a professional state what you do.
If you're a student state what you study.
If you're unemployed then...erm...tell us what your favourite afternoon tv programme is. Nah, just joking, but tell us what you get up to...don't be too graphic.

Me: Unemployed as of next satuday.
But as of May 1st I'll be out in American teaching kids.

I'm currently working in an Architects Practice (been there for 3 years). Got the job after dropping out of uni (studying Architecture) and have enjoyed it. I basically do what my collegues do for half the pay.

But... I'm back off to uni in September (to study Architecture again) in Lincoln, so will soon be a poor student again (poosibly very poor, as I'm not sure if I'll be qualified for a student loan or any help from the national assembly in my first year).

You will be in American??

I don't want to know the details :p

First student to vote in the poll! Studying English and German at the University of Antwerp, and sucking at it!

Studying woop woop!

Trying to get me a degree in Sport, majoring in Management! Boring as hell now lol

Well I was a student a week ago but I left studying Accounting at University and my cadetship at an accountancy firm, and whilst I was going pretty well, I just decided it wasn't what I wanted to be doing at this point in my life.

Now I'm working at a pub a few days a week at night, but I'm pretty confident of getting a decent full time job within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully at Medicare!

Off to the Air Force for me next year :D

So short answer. Employed. Not professional. Hmmmm....maybe I'll add in a choice in the poll or change professional to employed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "professional" choice should be changed to "employed" because Accountants, Lawyers, Engineers etc are regarded as professionals, whereas Council workers, hair dressers and even Policemen aren't considered to be so.

Thats just me and my pedantic self of course :p

Studying gay law combined with fARTS at UTS in Sydney. Gonna try and stick with it, get my degree and then either join the police force or the armed services to get a few years of practical experience, alternatively the ADF or the Police Force will pay me if I want to do any further study in military law or police prosecution.

Melon, you thinking of applying to ADFA or enlisting straight away? Either way is a good option.

Studying Business and Law now but don't like it so I'm switching to History, Politics, and International Relations next year.

Conjoint BCA/BSC in Accounting and Computer Science in Wellywood.

Gonna ditch the BSC though and either do a BCA/BA in Accounting and Information Technology or just ditch the whole two degree thing and just do a double major for the BCA (Probably Accounting/E-Commerce). Either way, i'm sticking with Accounting.

I'm currently studying Russian Language, and I'll start Psychology in August. I work as a musician, but haven't seen a paycheck in a while. Sucks, huh?

Doing a diploma in Media Studies and Management right now. Will be starting internship in 2 weeks!

Melon, you thinking of applying to ADFA or enlisting straight away? Either way is a good option. [/b]
Well I was thinking of applying to do a Bachelor of Aviation Technology with ADFA, but I left Accounting at uni because I didnt want to be doing tertiary education at this point in my life, so I think ill go directly in to the ADF as some kind of Officer. Stuff general entry...I did the testing stuff last year and apparently I had the beans to start as an Officer so hopefully thats the way it'll go this time as well.

I'm a adult re-entry student trying to finish my year 12 i only do it part-time so most of the time im unemployed more or less and i dont do alot.

by the looks of it, come 2 weeks, head barman in the local bar and resturant. however - studdied to be a chef (but bartending now) so ive been a bar manager for a year and a half. even though doing full time work, somehow i still consider myself a student. aah rent - the great leveler. kids, stay home with mum as long as you can!

I marked other, as I'm in limbo.
I have a part time job, I live at home, and I'm not in school this semester.
Also, I'm 29...I have a degree already in PR and Advertising and spent last semester qualifying for grad school to study history. Right now I'm looking for a full time job, because I need to pay stuff off, but I'm just not really sure what I'm doing in life. I'm pretty positive that I want to teach, but I have some qualifications I have to meet, but can't really afford to just take off and be a student. So..."Other". That's me. I'm broke, and a bum, but things are looking on the up for me!!!

I currently have two Jobs, my main one is as an IT Professional for a district council, with my specialities being Databases, Disaster Recover, Storage Management and Servers... but also have experience in MS Exchange 2003, Web and Email Filtering, Networking...

I have an OCA (Oracle Certified Associate) soon to be an OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) when I get the time to do the course and exam. But also plan to get an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional). I also have a CCNA for Networking, but it needs to be updated soon.

My secondary employment is an Internet Forum with over 7000 members focussing on Rugby, I have an Interest in a Football Forum as well but that is not as successful yet!

I marked other, as I'm in limbo.
I have a part time job, I live at home, and I'm not in school this semester.
Also, I'm 29...I have a degree already in PR and Advertising and spent last semester qualifying for grad school to study history. Right now I'm looking for a full time job, because I need to pay stuff off, but I'm just not really sure what I'm doing in life. I'm pretty positive that I want to teach, but I have some qualifications I have to meet, but can't really afford to just take off and be a student. So..."Other". That's me. I'm broke, and a bum, but things are looking on the up for me!!!
[/b]

Interesting degree. I might want to pursue a carrer/degree in that

I'm into my third year of a BE(hons) in mechanical engineering. Kind of a life killer at certain times, but I've been trying my best to stick with it and so far so good. A lot of drinking goes down which is good, but not many signs of the female species around the department.

Student at the moment. Doing a BA/hons in Journalism at Staffordshire Uni, but finish in a month or so. Then aiming to get a job in Journalism (hopefully rugby!) but we'll see how successful that is.

Well I've comeback for an extra year of high school. I'm not a complete retard, got accepted into 4 different Uni's but decided I wanted to play another year of high school rugby. As such I'm captain of the 1st XV, on a team that will go undefeated and win the provincial championship. Anything less is a failure. As for next year I'll be either going to the University of Waterloo or Laurier University to study a general arts first year and specify after I decide what I want to do.

I'm currently self-employed and have been for 3 years. I started work at 16 and become a Dental Technician and have been working in the trade 9 years this November.

I went to Lambeth College in London for a year (i was supposed to be at college at 16 but was conned out of that ever since) to get a BTEC National Award which i passed with distinction. I needed this as technicians have to be licensed and registered by July 2008.

Self-employment isn't going very well, i can't get my own clients easily and the market is extremely cut-throat and we generally get treated badly by dentists when it comes to payment.

I will be looking to do something else in the summer as this is going nowhere now. I could go work at the hospital, but there are no jobs locally.

Oh, Joy.

Latest posts