• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

General Trivia

N

neck

This is a thread a little bit like Question of sport, but its general trivia. If you get the question right you have to ask one, also if you get the question right the person who asked the question has to give you a rep point. so make sure the questions are hard.

Frist up (i just googled general trivia questions)

For their discovery of what did Watson, Crick and Evans win the 1962 Nobel Prize for medicine?

Woot.

My turn.

Who was the longest serving American President and how long did he serve for?

Originally posted by neck@Jun 26 2006, 08:31 AM
also if you get the question right the person who asked the question has to give you a rep point.
Why?

Getting a rep point for answering a question is ridiculous. They're supposed to be given for doing something useful, or making a good point during conversation, not just handed out left, right and centre.

Makes the whole system pointless otherwise.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 26 2006, 09:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-neck
@Jun 26 2006, 08:31 AM
also if you get the question right the person who asked the question has to give you a rep point.
Why?

Getting a rep point for answering a question is ridiculous. They're supposed to be given for doing something useful, or making a good point during conversation, not just handed out left, right and centre.

Makes the whole system pointless otherwise. [/b]

I kind of see what you mean.

Whats to stop me starting a thread called C A Iversen's Hug's & Warm Feelings Thread, where I dish out rep points to anyone who says something nice to me?

People could start dishing them out for anything.

Not meaning to complain Neck, but anyone could google the answers. With the internet you can search out nearly anything.

The General trivia is a great idea.

The rep point bonanza? I'm not so sure.

Though what do I know anyway? I've got Ravishing Rick Rude as a signature... :p

yeah i see what you mean, i just wanted to try make it a bit more interesting and rewarding, we can just can the rep point idea and have the quiz

agree about the rep points but this quiz sounds to be a good idea, and neck i take it thats your nickname, cracks me up just how simple a nickname it is but its awesome, even the word neck is funny, say it with me neck ha ha ha :lol:

Well ah why did they ah name me Chappelli there ah Craig? (not that flash an impersination sorry)

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 26 2006, 10:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-neck
@Jun 26 2006, 08:31 AM
Why?

Makes the whole system pointless otherwise. [/b]
Good point!

If you feel compelled to give a rep point then fine, but that's not what rep is about, as pointed out by my learned colleagues.

Originally posted by EVOL@Jun 26 2006, 10:31 PM
agree about the rep points but this quiz sounds to be a good idea, and neck i take it thats your nickname, cracks me up just how simple a nickname it is but its awesome, even the word neck is funny, say it with me neck ha ha ha :lol:
yeah it is my nick name, have no idea how it came about????? alos got a few others but we won't go there, back to the quiz

If every batsman in a cricket team is bowled out first ball, which number is 'not out' at the end of the innings?

No. 8, I think, it goes something like this:

Ball Batsmen at the crease
1 1,2
2 3,2
3 4,2
4 5,2
5 6,2
6 7,2

1(new ovew) 8,2
2 8,9
3 8,10
4 8,11
5 All out leaving 8 at the crease

I've finished my exams but I think my brain still works. (I'm probably wrong)

Originally posted by EVOL@Jun 26 2006, 10:31 PM
neh, ive seen better.

Originally posted by sambãd5+Jun 27 2006, 10:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-EVOL
@Jun 26 2006, 10:31 PM
neh, ive seen better. [/b]
For us new fish - such as...

Latest posts