• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgians 'can prop up Wallabies'

It's cobber for future reference....although I have never heard it said. [/b]

i've been called Cobber many time by people from tasmania. It must be a tassie thing "g'day cobber"

well all this talk about food has made me hungry, i think i will go and forage in the bush for a while, i might be able to spear a kangaroo and feed the family

<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, look if it's to do with beef, then we're not short on that at all... My old man started out as a meat worker and most guys eat at least a few solid steaks each week. As we said, it's the competition for other sports here. You need to watch a bit of the AFL and Rugby League to see what I'm talking about I think.
[/b]
Yes I acknowledged that, and that Oz doesn't have a traditionally forward based style of play.
I've watched AFL (possibly the funniest sport in the world) and League before. [/b][/quote]

heh, you think AFL's funny on it's own? What's even funnier is watching it in a Bar in Greece, with the locals around you staring intently at it with slightly puzzled looks on their faces :D Now that's hilarious... Nobody did quite explain why a bar in a slightly rural part of Kefalonia, mostly full of locals (or at least without a single Aussie in sight) had AFL on...

But don't really agree with Aussie recruiting Georgians, I mean people complain that a lot of Islanders play for the All Blacks (though the majority of them come from immigrant families, and dream of playing for the All Blacks when they were growing up), including a fair few Aussies, so imagine the backlash from around the world if some Georgian prop called something like Dimitri Jimzalvili ends up playing for the Wallabies in a few years.

<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, look if it's to do with beef, then we're not short on that at all... My old man started out as a meat worker and most guys eat at least a few solid steaks each week. As we said, it's the competition for other sports here. You need to watch a bit of the AFL and Rugby League to see what I'm talking about I think.
[/b]
But don't really agree with Aussie recruiting Georgians, I mean people complain that a lot of Islanders play for the All Blacks (though the majority of them come from immigrant families, and dream of playing for the All Blacks when they were growing up), including a fair few Aussies, so imagine the backlash from around the world if some Georgian prop called something like Dimitri Jimzalvili ends up playing for the Wallabies in a few years.
[/b][/quote]

It sounds like a great idea for our benefit. But being a watcher of football in this country and being continually frustrated at watching the likes of Seric, Simunic, Didulicia among others who were born and bred in this country roll out for Croatia or other nations, it would probably be somewhat hypocritical to support an idea like this though.

you know soccer....

planecrazy.jpg

r u talkin about soccer?
[/b]

Yeah Football...the game where are our national team is the "socceroos" but our national body is the Football Federation Australia.

Do I have to post links to Eduardos ankle snap?

Look at Martin Skrtel and the new Left back Dossenna for Liverpool and football won't seem so womanly then. These blokes would rip you a new one if you looked at them wrong.

Hello guys I have just encountered this thread
Well Tim Lane made great name here in Georgia as he successfully tries to put some play unique to Southern Hemi's here in our team and as he says (and does it not for the polite aims) he is quite satisfied with the results
after his head coaching took start Georgia does really gain in play and results got high too we have won FIRA AER European Nations Cup second time with big dominance and also Georgia took Silver medals from IRB nations Cup buchrest 2008, being second after Emerging RSA
Actually people here in Georgia think Tim Lane's visit in Georgia was too timely "adding benzene on fire" and progressing team in the time of great positive changes.
Well Tim is called Guru now here in Georgia
Cheers

Hello guys I have just encountered this thread[/b]
You can tell us - do all Georgians grow up with wrestling as a sport? Might explain their front row power.

I don't actually understand your question could you be more detailed please?!If you're interested whether Georgian wrestlers move to rugby play I will tell you that YES we have numerous famous rugby players who syopped with basketball Wrestling and other spotrs (like boxers) and move to Rugby and soon they gain access to nat.team
But despite Georgian are famous of their strong bodybuilding as Magraqvelidze, Zirakashvili, Gorgodze, levan Tsabadze (past captain of Nat team) and they all play in France despite their "nonrugby deep roots"
others may be called "pure rugby players"
when playing in Krasnoyarsk in Russia against these guys their sports commentator was complying of Russians weak physical capabilities and Georgia was cited as the "strong machine" and such words, I repeat that is the strong side of Georgians
AM I complete with your question?

And also not only every Georgian has contact with wrestling here despite the wrestling's popularity. Mostly people from the peripheries are involved in wrestling
we have Olympic champions and silver medalists
but could have more if not f***in' USSR B)

_90win.jpg

zurab zviadauri gold medalist in Judo Athens

Latest posts