• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Get a whiff of this, this week's best rugby! Guinness Pro 14 - R. 9

Check out the feedback any Ulster fan will give you on the Ospreys forwards coach Allen Clarke. It won't be good!

Yeah I've seen a few posts about this in the past. I think the whole coaching team are an issue, but the fact Tandy/the board has brought a coach in with this sort of reputation is also very worrying. With Webb and Biggar leaving too, the Ospreys need to make a lot of changes to get back to their former selves.

Didn't see the second half of the Munster game bar Nash's try at the end. Did Stafford, Johnston and Nash get much time on the field and if so, how did they play? Don't know much about Stafford but believe there are high hopes for the other two.
They got decent time. Did very well. Nash is suited to this level just needs to be more comfortable. Stafford is a prospect but has a high ceiling but needs to develop on that.

Bizarre scoreline and something really strange is happening in Swansea right now. That team shouldn't be losing by that much at home to a depleted Glasgow. I'm wondering whether the Ospreys are regretting giving Tandy a 5 year contract?
It is surely incumbent on any coach to do his homework on the opposition . To leak 7 tries on your home base including one from 80 metres out is unacceptable. That Glasgow had out a squad including five new starts and included a number of the International squad surely should have rung warning bells .

Bizarre scoreline and something really strange is happening in Swansea right now. That team shouldn't be losing by that much at home to a depleted Glasgow. I'm wondering whether the Ospreys are regretting giving Tandy a 5 year contract?

Looking at the team that started, I just don't understand how they can loose that badly. Other than the two performances in the Champions Cup they have been dire this season and it doesn't look like they are going to improve either.

One of those scrum halves needs to make the trip along the M8, pronto. I can see both halfbacks being in the picture as squad players come the RWC if they progress as I expect and steer clear of injuries.

A truly appalling result for the Ospreys. What the hell kind of a scoreline is that against such a weekend Glasgow? A massive bonus for Glasgow to have picked up wins around the international window. They have one foot in a home QF minimum, already.

Best bit of this game was realising Glasgow have a player called Hamilton Burr in their ranks! His parents clearly had a sense of humour ;)

Jonathan Evans is now injured and out of the game on the weekend so Mike Phillips is their only scrum half. Playing 80 mins is going to be a big ask. After a few dodgy passes at the start i thought he played ok on Sunday.

DP4OiXFW4AAFn0t.jpg

Dragon's and Ulster teams

Dragons: Angus O'Brien; Ashton Hewitt, Adam Warren, Jack Dixon, Jared Rosser; Gavin Henson, Dan Babos; Brok Harris, Liam Belcher, Lloyd Fairbrother, Joe Davies, Matthew Screech, Aaron Wainwright, Ollie Griffiths (capt), James Benjamin.

Replacements: Ellis Shipp, Gerard Ellis, Sam Hobbs, Rynard Landman, Ben Roach, Charlie Davies, Arwel Robson, Pat Howard.

Ulster: C Piutau; C Gilroy, T Bowe, S McCloskey, L Ludik; C Lealiifano (capt), P Marshall; S van der Merwe, J Andrew, R Kane, A O'Connor, K Treadwell, G Jones, S Reidy, N Timoney.

Replacements: R Best, C Black, A Warwick, M Dalton, C Henry, J Cooney, P Nelson, A Trimble.

Dragaons are giving a 17 yo his first start 9! Ulster have way too much class for this young Dragons side, pretty sure Henson could be a father to most of the back line!

This is the Cardiff team for Glasgow trip:

Gareth Anscombe (capt); Owen Lane, Garyn Smith, Willis Halaholo, Blaine Scully; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams; Brad Thyer, Kirby Myhill, Taufa'ao Filise, George Earle, Macauley Cook, Josh Turnbull, Olly Robinson, Nick Williams

I'm quite liking the backs and Owen lane got MOM on his debut last week so looking forward to seeing what he can do here. Glasgow have a 100% record and I don't see them slipping up here.

Interesting choices by Dave Rennie in a sell out clash at Scotstoun Brings in Lelia Masaga ( known as " Flash " ) on the right wing who scored a bundle of tries with Chiefs in NZ . The young 6'8" Kiran MacDonald partners Scott Cumming in the boiler house whilst the large South Sea Islander Siua Halanukonuka comes in to the front row . Adam ( son of Gavin ) Hastings is on the bench with the very promising George Horne backing up at No 9 . Live on BBC Alba - " chimera ha ! "

How has Greg Jones gone for Ulster?

Came on for his debut last week against a Treviso side missing half their players to the Italian team.

We won courtesy of a 78th minute converted try.

I would suggest "not great" would suffice. But, he's a kid and will have his time again.

Latest posts