• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Get More Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much point really they overly mod the board and it takes an age to get a message posted, plus I don't think they'd take to kindly to the spamming either.

I'd do anything to get more members at the moment but it is hard to find places to advertise.

heres a few ideas

the welsh rugby forum doesnt seem to be modded regularly, and also try forums of other rugby clubs and nations just post a topic - it prob will be removed - but who cares the damage would have already been done and people will already - hopefully have seen the message

I've posted on EA sports forum where no one ever seem to check the questions so surellly they won't see some advertising

Just a thought but maybe we could have a new section on the board for new members, were they can introduce themselves and tell everyone a little bit about themself...............and then we can all welcome them and make it a little less intimidating for them to join in discussion with established members.

There seems to be quiet a few members and guests lurking these boards lately but not many of them post.(so ppl seem to be finding this place easily enough)

If we had an area like i mentioned then i think guests that have found this place could read this section and see how welcoming we are towards new members and this could encourage them to join up and start posting.

We had a thread where we did user profiles, should still be in the off topic, will dig it up.

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 7 2006, 05:13 PM
the welsh rugby forum doesnt seem to be modded regularly, and also try forums of other rugby clubs and nations just post a topic - it prob will be removed - but who cares the damage would have already been done and people will already - hopefully have seen the message
I've done that several times around the English club sites, and have suggested other people try it in their respective country/principality.

Takes a little bit of time to go round them all, but it's worth the effort if people are willing.

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 8 2006, 05:13 AM
heres a few ideas

yeah, because thats what we all want. more welsh...

I waiting for a comment like that... :p

Still not called for...

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 8 2006, 09:57 AM
I waiting for a comment like that... :p

Still not called for...
fun > airben

i play cod...i could advertise...."killed by therugbyforum.com user"

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 8 2006, 06:35 PM
i play cod...i could advertise...."killed by therugbyforum.com user".."like 200million times".."he killed me in ways that havent even been created yet"..."his name is THE CHIROPRACTOR101"..."save me"...

"please".."im a black person"...
:bleh!:

Seriously though guys, we need to exploit the Six Nations to get more members.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 8 2006, 05:35 AM
Just a thought but maybe we could have a new section on the board for new members, were they can introduce themselves and tell everyone a little bit about themself...............and then we can all welcome them and make it a little less intimidating for them to join in discussion with established members.

There seems to be quiet a few members and guests lurking these boards lately but not many of them post.(so ppl seem to be finding this place easily enough)

If we had an area like i mentioned then i think guests that have found this place could read this section and see how welcoming we are towards new members and this could encourage them to join up and start posting.
I think this idea deserves a little looking into. Maybe stick the topic Tarbh has found on the main page above general/international rugby under a heading called Welcome or something welcoming like that.

As for advertising, silly question has anyone that is already a member mentioned the forum to their mates? Word of mouth is very powerful and face it, if a mate told you the forum was good you'd go and investigate won't you?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 8 2006, 08:11 PM
Seriously though guys, we need to exploit the Six Nations to get more members.
Mate, I'm all for exploitation... But do you seriously expect one of us to hold the whole Six Nations down while you sodom.... *fade off*

*poke...

Why not ask Skysports about it...become partners like...cos they don't have a forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts