• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Get well soon, Ray.

R

Rugby_Cymru

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6569449.stm

Ray Gravelle has had to have his leg amputated because of Diabetes.
It must be terrible to have to lose a leg, and i can't begin to imagine how he's feeling.
Ray's a great character. He's always been around Carmarthen and it's weird to think of him as one of the Welsh greats when you always used to see him in Safeway's or talking to people whenever i'm down the gym.
He's just such a friendly guy and i just hope he recovers from this.

Look forward to hearing him on the radio again soon.

Christ that is awful.

The very best to him and I hope he kicks diabetes arse!

sorry to hear this - all the best to him, hopefully this doesn't get him down - one of the true great characters of the game, always liked his sideline quips and commentary

Yeah, that's another thing i loved about him.
When you watch magners league games on S4C he always there on the sidelines and even tho he's a scarlets boy through and through he's always welcomed and respected elsewhere, where he just meanders around the sideline hoping from player to coach interviewing them.

That's terrible news. It happened to my brother a few years back. He seems to be coping OK. I just hope Grav takes it as well as my bro. :(

Sad news, but knowing Grav he'll bounce back better than ever. I've met him a couple of times and he never seemed like the sort of bloke who would let this sort of thing get him down for too long. He'll probably get some sort of prosthetic now, I suppose.

Latest posts