• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting Into Rucks

B

Buceph

How do I get someone to dive into a ruck? I'll have players standing around watching the ball waiting for an opposition player to take it. I know how to add people once it's formed but I have no idea how to get that first person onto the ball.

i always thought it happened automatically but i tend to press alt to hang on to the ball or gain possession.

it does annoy me when you tackle a player and he has no support and about 3 of your players are just standing there playing with themselves, then another opposition player comes running over and form a ruck and they have the ball.

i always thought it happened automatically but i tend to press alt to hang on to the ball or gain possession.

it does annoy me when you tackle a player and he has no support and about 3 of your players are just standing there playing with themselves, then another opposition player comes running over and form a ruck and they have the ball.
[/b]
I found a file in the data.gob file which is all about a player's intensity when joining a ruck. I think it might mean that we can get anyone to go into a ruck rather than mainly the forwards. I'll have a look at it some time today and see what I can do.

[/b]

I am new to rugby and new to this game, and I have the same question. I play on PS2, and would love to know how to get my guys to get the ball. Also, when you're about to get tackled, what circumstances let you know that you are likely to get the ball in a ruck and which ones tell you you're likely to lose it?

Thanks for any help!!

Its pretty stupid but you can have the best ball winners in the world in your team and still lose the ball to a crap team. If your playing in the oppositions 22 usually they get more of an advantage but also if your in your 22 sometimes you might get an advantage.

If your in the last minutes of the 1st or 2nd half its pretty hard trying to get the ball off the cpu. I think the main factor is your momentum gauge located just under your team ie. NZL, AUS etc. This momentum gauge can effect the ruck, maul and lineout.

Its pretty stupid but you can have the best ball winners in the world in your team and still lose the ball to a crap team. If your playing in the oppositions 22 usually they get more of an advantage but also if your in your 22 sometimes you might get an advantage.

If your in the last minutes of the 1st or 2nd half its pretty hard trying to get the ball off the cpu. I think the main factor is your momentum gauge located just under your team ie. NZL, AUS etc. This momentum gauge can effect the ruck, maul and lineout.
[/b]
So when you get tackled, are you supposed to start pounding X, or move your guy into the middle, or what can you do to get that ball?

I've noticed that if I'm on a long run and get tackled near their "goal line" I will never get the ball back. So do you try a kick at goal when it looks like you're not going to make it?

thanks for the help! I wish there was more information about how to play the Rugby 08 game.

The ruck is pretty much decided when you get tackled even tapping the X button sometimes doesn't make any difference. If you take a look at the momentum gauge this can make a difference between retaining the ball and losing it.

Things like winning scrums,lineouts or mauling can effect the momentum gauge. The longer you hold it in the ruck the more momentum you get but you have to make sure you have plenty of players so you don't lose it.

If your in a ruck and you look at the power gauge above the ruck it gives a good indication of who's winning the ball. Sometimes if your on the defensive the ruck power gauge will peek and if you time it right you can press R3 and use hands to steal the ball but obviously if it is done wrong you run the risk of a warning or a yellow card.

R3? What button does that translate to on the PS2? Select?
[/b]
I think it means you press down on the right analogue stick (by pressing it down I mean like you're driving it into the controller)

The ruck is pretty much decided when you get tackled even tapping the X button sometimes doesn't make any difference. If you take a look at the momentum gauge this can make a difference between retaining the ball and losing it.

Things like winning scrums,lineouts or mauling can effect the momentum gauge. The longer you hold it in the ruck the more momentum you get but you have to make sure you have plenty of players so you don't lose it.

If your in a ruck and you look at the power gauge above the ruck it gives a good indication of who's winning the ball. Sometimes if your on the defensive the ruck power gauge will peek and if you time it right you can press R3 and use hands to steal the ball but obviously if it is done wrong you run the risk of a warning or a yellow card.

[/b]

Gee I seem to learn a new thing everyday lol! I think you deserve a rep point!!!!!!

What you need to do in PS2 is que you get tackle you press fast L2 and then x as fast you can so you get the nearest player in the formation the you should tap L3 and the player is going to grab the ball pull it backwards but be carefull you have to listen to the referee "HANDS OF" and sort of thing because if you tap and the opssite is in the formation is PENALTY

players with good ball winning skills (high rucking) help a **** load. my brother made up a whole team of ex players with super stacked stats, i would only get the ball after he scored a try,,,,to kick off to him again. so people with high rucking ability do help win the ball in the initial tackle.good team chemistry helps with keeping and turning the ball over as well.

What you need to do in PS2 is que you get tackle you press fast L2 and then x as fast you can so you get the nearest player in the formation the you should tap L3 and the player is going to grab the ball pull it backwards but be carefull you have to listen to the referee "HANDS OF" and sort of thing because if you tap and the opssite is in the formation is PENALTY [/b]

Hmmmm...interesting

Latest posts