• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goal Kickers Thread

yea plus he has a shallow kicking motion

its probably only 1 or 2 step run up at most, im not sayin that is proof in the pudding, but still i live at fairly the same altitude as say canada, and my furthest to date is a 45m kick, i mean 60m thats what dan carter was kicking against south africa, and lets face it, no one on this forum is dan carter reincarnated with the boot..

And also there are probably descrepanaries (sp) with size of fields, eg school grounds aren't iternational standard size I'll bet...

And also there are probably descrepanaries (sp) with size of fields, eg school grounds aren't iternational standard size I'll bet...
[/b]

Again it depends where you go to school. I know top schools have their own specific rugby field or play at a local club which does have proper fields.

I find I kick in ways that i've not seen anyone else do.
When placing the ball i'll tilt it back slightly, i feel i've got a greater area to kick from.
Explaining this makes it sounds really amateurish, but except for pulling the kicks a few times i can average 40m kicks sometimes taking them from the half way line if the wind is with me.

As far as approaching the ball is concerned i'll stand diagonally from the ball and walk back 4 steps (ala Gavin Henson).

Can anyone tell me if leaning the ball back ends up creating more wind resistance when the ball travels through the air? Becuase obviously, torpedo-ing the ball is ideal to reduce wind resistance, but like hell can i kick the ball like that.

it doesnt really make a big difference i think the only difference is the spin of the ball.. but im not 100% sure

i just stand it straight up, but ive been hookin a few from greater distances lately, i need to get that down..

i tilt it slightly back, and always have one of the seams pointing towards the posts, take 5 steps back and one to the right. very rarely miss but im only our stand in kicker 100% record in 5 games this season (kicked one conversion :p)

Although that statement almost shows an Openside Flankers mouth as he eats the scrum half for breakfast.

scrum-halves role > flankers..
[/b]

You've gone right off your rocker. My god how fu.cking stupid are you DC? Flankers are more important than the first-fives, let alone halfbacks. You continually overestimate your importance to a game. Sure it's nice to have a top halfback, but you're far better off having good flankers. Honestly the grunt work, the tackling and the support play far exceed anything a halfback does in a game. You're nuts, and screw OSU.

Flankers > than all positions apart from prop. Only a select few can play prop in a correct manner.

i was being facetious... i know flankers are important, they protect me during a game, which is why i like them.

My kicking style is a little different to most people here. I like to use a small tee (or some earth will do either). I'll tilt the ball backwards towards me about 15%. Then I plant my left foot about 12" to the left of the ball with my right big toe placed as close to the point of the ball as possible without the ball toppling over. My right foot is pointed towards the right upright. As I walk back I never take my eye off the sweet spot. I'll take 4 quick steps backwards and 4 fairly big steps arced to the left. This will result in your shoulder pointing towards the uprights. I take a slow deliberate walk up to the ball, firmly plant my left foot about 18" to the right of the ball and swing through bringing my kicking leg up about hip high. Then I look up and see that I've missed!

The most effective way of kicking is to develop your own style. Just make sure to plant your non kicking leg firmly, have a large swing through and don't take your eyes off the ball.

don't worry i got the joke :)

it's like when i tell kiwis that the all blacks are bunch of poofs

i reckon everyone on the field is equally important, well for the sake of diplomacy anyway. the argument could go on forever otherwise

don't worry i got the joke :)

it's like when i tell kiwis that the all blacks are bunch of poofs

i reckon everyone on the field is equally important, well for the sake of diplomacy anyway. the argument could go on forever otherwise
[/b]

I know he was kidding but every time I can tell DC he's an idiot, I do it. :D

Latest posts