Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
The Greatest Of All Time

So we've had this put on two recent Greats in sport after two amazing comebacks: Federer and Brady. NZers will argue Richie is the GOAT for rugby. But got me thinking, should it not be Greatest So Far (GSF)? Not as punchy as GOAT, but still The All Time bit always bugged me because it encompasses the future as well - who knows if a player in the future will surpass their achievements.

The Greatest Of All Time

So we've had this put on two recent Greats in sport after two amazing comebacks: Federer and Brady. NZers will argue Richie is the GOAT for rugby. But got me thinking, should it not be Greatest So Far (GSF)? Not as punchy as GOAT, but still The All Time bit always bugged me because it encompasses the future as well - who knows if a player in the future will surpass their achievements.

Isn't this again an American term that some adopted?

How can the term GOAT be used for a sport that is still being played and has legends currently playing the game?

on that aspect, I think that GSF would be better suited...

It's just the usual exaggerations that have become even more popular over the years. Just like they started speaking of the "match of the century" when the current century had barely even started.

The term is often us on a impulse someone wins something = GOAT.

I could say watching countdown and Rachel Riley in her leather skirt and Black stockings that she has GOAT legs, it just to emphasis that they are good not that I think they GOAT.

The term is often us on a impulse someone wins something = GOAT.

I could say watching countdown and Rachel Riley in her leather skirt and Black stockings that she has GOAT legs, it just to emphasis that they are good not that I think they GOAT.

In her case they are GOAT

I'm quite into the more athletic figure TBH. So someone like Anella

724dd43778beaa400530ae14f143ba49.jpg

So yep, just noticed it's bandied around a lot nowadays. Must be all this twitter and Facebook influence. I remember watching Micheal Johnson smash the 200m record by almost a third of a second and thinking that will never be broken. Then along comes along a guy named Usain Bolt.

All time isn't normally taken to mean "past, present and future", but "so far".

Summing up this thread, if anyone takes it too seriously.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts