• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

good or no good

Originally posted by tigre0392@Feb 12 2006, 04:59 AM
:bravo: rugby 2006 is good or no good game please
Have you ever played Rugby 2005? Rugby 06 is pretty much the same. If you are a sensible person who thought R05 was atrocious, then avoid this one.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 12 2006, 11:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Who invented French people?

Wally, chill man...we got a new mod to annoy now... :p [/b][/quote]
Mods don't get annoyed. Mods get even.

Wally, you have a promise to keep.

Thomashenry better be wrong, because one good rugby isn't enough for one year ;)

Most sensible people didnt think rugby 2005 was atrocious. It wasnt great, but the best game since lomus at the time. It ended up being flawed and way to easy. If 2006 can touch up on these things then it should be good.

Rugby 2005 was in no way atrocious.

It was definitely average at best though.

The IGN review of rugby 2006 is very promising, although, so was the OPSM review of RL2...

True dat.

Just an observation.

I used to like videogame magazines, butthese days they are ****. Theres very few out there that I think about buying every now and then.

Gamespot and IGN, the two big guns, are my information resource these days.

Same here, i just cleared out a pile of old xbox and ps2 mags, havent bought any for about a year. Only if there is a demo i want. You just cant trust their reviews. On the net you can get lots of opinions quickly so its better.

yeah magazine reviews often get it wrong. the net is way better as you can find user reviews plus reviews off site like gamespot and ign.

rugby 2005 was flawed yes but I don't think it was complete rubbish. it was a long forwards compared to rugby 2004 which was rubbish. and from what other people have been saying rugby 2006 is pretty good and some say even better than rc2006. if you don't like the game fair enough but I think it will be good going by what many respected members of this forum have said about it.

thomashenry a bit of advice mate, don't go off saying a game sucks without proof you will get ripped apart and look like a fool on this forum. which would not be good as people have memories on this forum and they quickly know the good from the bad

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 12 2006, 06:27 PM
thomashenry a bit of advice mate, don't go off saying a game sucks without proof you will get ripped apart and look like a fool on this forum. which would not be good as people have memories on this forum and they quickly know the good from the bad
Listen to the man tommymahboy... He's been there before ;)

Nah, hopefully 06 can produce the goods. The other one, RC2006 is still keepig me going, and I'm have a great time, so whether or not EAs effort has lastability, RC is still there to play with.

Rugby 2005 didn't give me any enjoyment once I got over the fact that rugby was given a good budget. RC was the complete opposite. I initially wasn't impressed, it seemed exactly like WCR to start, but it just got better with time.

If all of the new features work in Rugby 06, I am still skeptical of it's lasting appeal, as it seems that many of the things that bugged me about Rugby 2005 are still in.

Wil still get it or at least hire it out, but I am remaining neutral on my anticipation.

yeah magazine reviews often get it wrong. the net is way better as you can find user reviews plus reviews off site like gamespot and ign.

rugby 2005 was flawed yes but I don't think it was complete rubbish. it was a long forwards compared to rugby 2004 which was rubbish. and from what other people have been saying rugby 2006 is pretty good and some say even better than rc2006. if you don't like the game fair enough but I think it will be good going by what many respected members of this forum have said about it.

Shhoooo you even scared me there Esoj. But I do think this guy is Woodie in Disguise.

Good or not? I bought it yesterday. I have played it for about an hour and a half. I thinks its the best rugby game so far but still miles away from the standard of a Madden or a Pro Evolution Soccer. What i like about the game is it feels more like Rugby - there are more penalties, set pieces become more important, tactical kicking is more important and the impact players...make an impact. I still don't like any of the camera angles, the replays are rubbish, the commentary ....

I reckon i will play this for a month (2005 lastest 2 weeks and 2004 about 3 days).

Originally posted by Sorp111@Feb 13 2006, 12:40 AM
Good or not? I bought it yesterday. I have played it for about an hour and a half. I thinks its the best rugby game so far but still miles away from the standard of a Madden or a Pro Evolution Soccer. What i like about the game is it feels more like Rugby - there are more penalties, set pieces become more important, tactical kicking is more important and the impact players...make an impact. I still don't like any of the camera angles, the replays are rubbish, the commentary ....

I reckon i will play this for a month (2005 lastest 2 weeks and 2004 about 3 days).
Some one said that the replays were awsome, and madden style!?!

without proof?? What are you on about? What constitutes proof? I've played all the games in question, and I think R06 is crap, and think RC2006 is reasonably good (not great, but good).

How should I prove this? Is it not all just subjective opinion at the end of the day?

It seems that lots of people here like R06 though, so if they enjoy it, then good for them. I think it is really bad though, and my copy is going back to the shop it came from.

Originally posted by paddyknight@Feb 13 2006, 02:16 AM
i think its trev in disguise

hahahaha, imagine!
Do you really think someone from Swordfish would be so stupid as to come onto these boards and slag off the competition like I have slagged off R06? Trust me, they are not.

do you really think i thought it was trev?....i respect what trev says, even handed, fair, open minded etc. ......unlike some

in the words of me, myself and irene:
'calm down my little pussyfart'

Originally posted by thomashenry+Feb 13 2006, 12:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 12 2006, 06:27 PM
without proof?? What are you on about? What constitutes proof? I've played all the games in question, and I think R06 is crap, and think RC2006 is reasonably good (not great, but good).

How should I prove this? Is it not all just subjective opinion at the end of the day?

It seems that lots of people here like R06 though, so if they enjoy it, then good for them. I think it is really bad though, and my copy is going back to the shop it came from. [/b]
indeed it is opinion but you aren't saying anything beyond that. you are just saying this game sucks with no back-up of matches etc. people that have liked it have given great detail about the game and why they think it is good.you can return it to the shop fair enough.

aye kafta I learnt my lesson :p. I was at least man enough to admit I was wrong though and even editied some of my posts.

I work for sidhe anyway so all games suck compared to rl 2 :D

Latest posts