• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Grass roots rugby training

Rugby dad

Academy Player
I live in Bromley, UK and I'm looking for rugby training for my son who's 9 years old and, here's the tough part, that's not on a Sunday morning. Sunday afternoons are fine.

Does this exist?

I live in Bromley, UK and I'm looking for rugby training for my son who's 9 years old and, here's the tough part, that's not on a Sunday morning. Sunday afternoons are fine.

Does this exist?
Most minis (under 9s) train/play on sunday mornings I'm afraid. You might find your local club under 9s also trains on a midweek night as well but they will most probably play Sunday mornings.

I'd sack off whatever it is you do on Sunday mornings and get your kid down their local club. Nothing is more important than rugby!!!

I've been out of the area for the past three years, but depending what side of Bromley you're on, Bromley, Beccehamians and Chislehurst & Sidcup all had good minis sections. As @Don't Skip Leg Day says, they're almost exclusively on Sunday mornings.

It's just the timings for the sport really
Men play Saturday afternoon, women Sunday afternoon, minis and juniors play Sunday mornings.

Obviously, I do t know the area around Bromley, but that's basically the schedule up and down the country.

Some do, my local team used to have junior training during the week but most of it is set aside for the adults.

Usually, yes.
Sorry, I'd thought it was the Sunday morning that was the issue.
Training days will vary a lot more between clubs, it's the matches that follow that layout, so that everyone's on the same page.

Latest posts