11. Jonah Lomu
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. John Kirwan
15. Damian McKenzie

Sub:
Brad Thorn

Go ahead and scrutinise me!

I was thinking about Doug Howlett the other day when some writer claimed he was underrated. I watch pretty much every AB test and I cant really remember a 'brilliant' try amongst his 49. I can recall plenty from Kirwan, Wilson, Rocokoko, Lomu and Savea.

Yep they all just our opinions I know, and a lot depends on our age and who we saw play. I agree that Robertson has to be 13, in fact when I first saw Conrad I thought he reminded me a bit of Robertson, but Robertson was bloody quick. Also any backline would probably need some mention of Chris Laidlaw who really set the standard for passing at 9. also honourable mention at 9 probably to Lochore, was a great cover defender.So many others kind of spring to mind ,but wouldn't argue a hell of a lot with first team mentioned Not sure I have ever considered Brad Thorn an all time great, or for that matter Doug Howlett, bloody good players but not all time greats as I recall.
Do tend to think in my time Richie and Colin Meads are 2 that stand out as all timers!

Latest posts