• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GUITAR HERO 2 - WARNING!!!!!

G

Goth Power

I don't want to alarm you guys or anything but, the update for Guitar Hero 2 is supposdly crashing everyone's 360's a few days after downloading. (I have heard from a few sources, I am unsure on whether or not it has been officially announced)

I'm not sure if this is possible but if you see the red circle of death then you know why.

I downloaded it and I am extremely worried about it, but I have had no bother.....yet.

seriousley, I don't want to have to ship it to USA/Microsoft!

I'd lose about 2 weeks worth of GH, so then my mate would been able to catch up :(

where do you live? why would you have to send it to the US?

I live in Aus, and have sent my 360 away 3 times. Last time I was only without it for 4 days and I got a free game out of them.

seriousley, I don't want to have to ship it to USA/Microsoft!

I'd lose about 2 weeks worth of GH, so then my mate would been able to catch up :(
[/b]

I'm a beast at GH2! Well probably not compared to the videos I see on youtube, but I just finished Freebird on expert a week ago!!

dont have live - thus no update for me

and my x360 has never missed a beat since launch

i swear half the red rings of death are due to the downloadable content having gremlins in em

no live, means no downloadable, means no ring of death - THUS FAR

fingers crossed but my x360 has been shining since day 1 of launch...and yes i thrash the thing.........250+ achievements

i am now going thru medium on GH trying to get some good scores

i had a quick blast on hard........its too quick man, sure its meant to be harder, but ****, are the extra songs u get worth the finger strain...the last batch of songs i unlocked in phase 8, were all crap except free bird

i want classics - none of this new age punk rock shite, or death metal.

Yeah you're absolutely right. I want some classic rock like Blink 182 or Green Day :p

[/b]

I just stop being lazy and actually play a real guitar. :D

But i saw someone playing it in Virgin Megastore the other day and even tho they were playing Cery Crowe's ILLEGAL VERSION of Sweet Child O' Mine, it still sounded really funky.
And this guy wasn't missing a beat.
I wonder, if you can play sweet child of mine on the lecky guitar does that guarantee you greatness on GH?
I've never played GH, but i can't see the thrill if you can actually play the song in real life.

All these elitists telling people to learn how to play a real guitar. 30 million people worldwide know how to play real guitar, only 1 million people know how to be a Guitar Hero. Therefore, being a Guitar Hero God holds more credibility.

I just stop being lazy and actually play a real guitar. :D

But i saw someone playing it in Virgin Megastore the other day and even tho they were playing Cery Crowe's ILLEGAL VERSION of Sweet Child O' Mine, it still sounded really funky.
And this guy wasn't missing a beat.
I wonder, if you can play sweet child of mine on the lecky guitar does that guarantee you greatness on GH?
I've never played GH, but i can't see the thrill if you can actually play the song in real life.
[/b]

All these elitists telling people to learn how to play a real guitar. 30 million people worldwide know how to play real guitar, only 1 million people know how to be a Guitar Hero.
[/b]

Where the hell do you get your figures from?!
And surely the stats are totally subjective as I'm sure people will argue with your interpretation of "guitar hero".
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway, back to my question, which you failed to answer (and only decided to pick up on my tongue-in-cheek humour and almost take offence to it):

If you can play Sweet Child Of Mine on the electric guitar does that guarantee of success on GH?
Do you need any musical ability to be able to play the game well?
Or do you just have to be good on consoles?

Therefore, being a Guitar Hero God holds more credibility.[/b]

:lol:
Very funny. Good one.

I have a friend who plays guitar (*bloody well too at that*) and he keeps telling me he finds it harder to play GH than actually playing his guitar, but I think it's basically just becuase of the difficulty in the learning curve, especially if you just started playing and you're trying out Bark at teh moon on expert !

I have no doubt that actually learning to play guitar is much MUCH harder.

also

GH is the ROKNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, being able to play the guitar doesn't ensure you a successfull experience with GH?
I've never played it before, so i'm just trying to work out if it's console-capability that gets you far with that game, or a musical talent.

RT_Comic_Ep106_Chicks.jpg

So, being able to play the guitar doesn't ensure you a successfull experience with GH?
I've never played it before, so i'm just trying to work out if it's console-capability that gets you far with that game, or a musical talent.
[/b]

I play a little guitar, nothing serious. I went over to a friends one night and he had the first installment of this game. I found that because of me knowing where my fingers are without having to look, and an understanding of musical timing the songs came quite easy, especially songs I knew. My mate was convinced I had played the game millions of times before. I unlocked a few songs and venues he's been trying to for months, probably would've finished had it not been for so much beer. It's not very easy on the eyes, but I thought it would be a good way to teach real guitar to beginners. If you have some sense of rythmn, I would recommend spending the time with a real guitar instead, like Teh Mite's post above suggests, GH doesn't carry as much sex appeal as a real 6 string.

I am just gonna hold off the temptation to get this I think, cos I feel I will buy it then will play it for a weekend then get bored of it...

Cheers for answering my question.

And yeah, Charlie, I'm on the same boat as you.
It just seems like it will be a great novelty...until it wears off after a few days.
I'm gonna find a mate who's got it and let him waste his money.

Yeah you're absolutely right. I want some classic rock like Blink 182 or Green Day :p

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
LAUGH. OUT. LOUD

You are joking... right?

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
LAUGH. OUT. LOUD

You are joking... right?
[/b][/quote]

:cheers:

Latest posts