• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guy noves... Frances first selections for the 6 nations

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
Avants: Atonio (La Rochelle), Ben Arous (Racing 92), Camara (Toulouse), Chouly (Clermont), Flanquart (Stade français), Goujon (UBB), Guirado (Toulon), Jedrasiak (Clermont), Kayser (Clermont), Lauret (Racing 92), Le Roux (Racing 92), Maestri (Toulouse), Picamoles (Toulouse), Poirot (UBB), Slimani (Stade français), Vahaamahina (Clermont).
Trois-quarts: Bézy (Toulouse), Bonneval (Stade français), Danty (Stade français), Dumoulin (Racing 92), Fall (Montpellier), Fickou (Toulouse), Fofana (Clermont), Lamerat (Castres), Machenaud (Racing 92), Parra (Clermont), Medard (Toulouse), Plisson (Stade français), Spedding (Clermont), Trinh-Duc (Montpellier).

I would be interested to know what French posters think of the squad. For me it looks like some pretty notable admissions..

Can I ask who is Jedrasiak and Poirot ?
Also why is Dulin not in but Medard is ?

Can I ask who is Jedrasiak and Poirot ?
Also why is Dulin not in but Medard is ?

Poirot is a prop for Bordeaux and the surprise choice, as is Jedrasiak ( Clermont) who is a very young 2nd row i think he came thropugh the Academy at Clermont and has played several times for Clermont very good for a player so young
Dulin as others have been left out, this is his first selection and there will be more changes to come no doubt

Didn't realise he was injured.

I dislike him though, so France are instantly more endearing to me now...

Trinh-Duc! Finally!

French fans must be glad to see the back of that Fijian u20s winger. Never seen a player look less committed to a side before.

Can I ask who is Poirot ?
Another Belgian poach:
poirot1-438388.jpg

This is a first selection training squad which are meeeting in Paris early Jan before the real selection for the 6 Nations, but i doubt if this will differ from Noves first selection, unless there are injuries between now and then. FTD is still out injured so he will have had little game time before the actual selection for the first 6 Nations game, so we could well see Plisson or other starting???

Avants: Atonio (La Rochelle), Ben Arous (Racing 92), Camara (Toulouse), Chouly (Clermont), Flanquart (Stade français), Goujon (UBB), Guirado (Toulon), Jedrasiak (Clermont), Kayser (Clermont), Lauret (Racing 92), Le Roux (Racing 92), Maestri (Toulouse), Picamoles (Toulouse), Poirot (UBB), Slimani (Stade français), Vahaamahina (Clermont).
Trois-quarts: Bézy (Toulouse), Bonneval (Stade français), Danty (Stade français), Dumoulin (Racing 92), Fall (Montpellier), Fickou (Toulouse), Fofana (Clermont), Lamerat (Castres), Machenaud (Racing 92), Parra (Clermont), Medard (Toulouse), Plisson (Stade français), Spedding (Clermont), Trinh-Duc (Montpellier).

Is Nakaitaki injured ?

no, just not selected i think we will be seeing less and less residential French in the team, still a couple there but even Noves is not perfect.

Dont watch a lot of top 14 so not sure how well he is playing currently, but is it a surprise to you guys that Bastareaud is not in the list?

Dont watch a lot of top 14 so not sure how well he is playing currently, but is it a surprise to you guys that Bastareaud is not in the list?

No! He has not looked international class for sometime!

This is just a list of names. Anyone can come up with names.

The problem is not with the available pool of players. The RWC has forced the big clubs to dip into their academy. And in 4 months some talented kids have burst onto the scene.
I still think Les bleus are going to make up numbers for the next 4 yrs. There is strictly no political will to reform. Just read the statements from the union post WC since October. The same goons are in charge.
Blanco should have the very least resigned. Looks like he may still be involved with les Bleus. Beggars belief. Dunyach in his little ivory tower supposedly in charge of Elite rugby does not engage with the big clubs. Amateurs v Pros. Camous 70 said he's going for a THIRD mandate?! These people are living in a time warp.

You have to look at the situation on the ground. The national team is the least of either union and clubs problem. They have other fish to fry. Their political agenda is set on their own re-election and their stadium. They don't give a rats arse about the 6N.

Noves cannot change that. He won't get the players he wants when he needs them. He knows players will only be grudgingly released for the shortest time possible for the 6N. And that's just for starters.

His hands are tied. He doesn't have a team today and still won't have one in February and in June. There's some bad leftovers from the previous era in that list. There's no discernible team in that group. The few leaders have all retired. So what's the deal?!

Last edited:

Latest posts