Club or Nation
Sale
Heineken%20Cup.png

Clermont.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Toulon.png

Aviva Stadium,
18/05/2013, 17:00

Clremont seem destined to win it this year, they have simply out classed all other teams they've come across can't see Toulon beating them.

Ah. There we go !

Clremont seem destined to win it this year, they have simply out classed all other teams they've come across can't see Toulon beating them.

I agree...and candy for the eyes, def. my favorite team this year in retrospect, easily...
I really hope we can see some tries...I know it's a final and supposedly should be ultra-conservative, and be a kicking competition, but what a waste that would be of potential spectacle.

Allez les jaunards !!!

Ill be at this and the Amlin. I wonder what percentage of the stadium will be Irish. Hoping to get a few verses of Athenry going :p. A bucket of tries a few dust ups and a Clermont win would be good.

I'm heading too, looking forward to seeing Jonny Wilkinson, the last time I saw him live was in 2001! I'm supporting Clermont due to both my respect for Clermont and hate for Toulon.

Last edited:
Will be there supporting Clermont as they were extremely gracious in victory in semi final and they've had a credible journey over the years. But hope that both teams give a positive display and its an entertaining game.

Looks like Leinster have chosen their team:
image.jpg
Hope to see a clean and unarguable victory of Clermont, even if Mourad will still find something to argue...

Clermont are more than likely going to have won by half time. As has already been said, they have looked a different class this year.
I won't be upset if Toulon win, I quite like the team, even if Mourad is a mentalist.

I don't think Clermont has the advantage THAT much now...it sounds like they're playing like Montpelier or Castres the way some ppl are depicting it.
This is Toulon they're facing. Top form Wilko, scrum should hold fine, Bastareaud, an on-form Giteau, Lobbe etc...plus Clermont have those 3 injuries...Rougerie out is a bit of a concern for me, I know many disagree with the effect he's got on the team but he's still got flair and good running legs at midfield...I know they got rid of a few big teams w/o him though...

And who's got the better scrum ? Anybody seeing Clermont taking care of business the whole way in there ?? To me it's mixed. Obviously Toulon has some nice backs too, but they'll want to grind out as many easy penalty points as possible, and the scrum may be pivotal for them this match. I don't think they can score too many tries on ASM, and despite their solid discipline themselves on defense, Clermont is obviously just too gifted on attack with those backs...ASM is crossing at least once.

Clermont are more than likely going to have won by half time. As has already been said, they have looked a different class this year.
I won't be upset if Toulon win, I quite like the team, even if Mourad is a mentalist.

What?

These teams are neck and neck. Clermont topped the Top 14 by 1 point and the scores in their matches were 24-21 in Clermont and 26-26 in Toulon. And they really should have been two draws as Clermont got a gift from the referee to keep their winning home run going.

Certainly not one Clermont will be winning by half time.

Okay, there's a bit of an overreaction going on here: Clermont's record in finals is just awful. And, as yoe says, they're not facing Zebre: Toulon was leading the top 14 up until a few weeks ago and they have world class players in virtually every position (except hooker).
I do think Clermont will win, but I'd be very surprised if they have won it by half time.

Last edited:
Okay, there's a bit of an overreaction going on here: Clermont's record in finals is just awful. And, as yoe says, they're not facing Zebre: Toulon was leading the top 14 up until a few weeks ago and they have world class players in virtually every position (except hooker).
I do think Clermont will win, but I'd be very surprised if they have won it by half time.

They got knocked out by Toulon in the Top 14 last year in a match they went into as favourites as well.

2 very evenly matched sides, the ref could have a massive importance, especially with Wilco on form, i think Clermont will just about edge it? but it certainly won't be over by half time and the 1st half will bring very little scoring, watch out for Forfana as this guy given a little space will create havoc in any defence, and the Clermont pack to get the better of Toulon, Bonnaire will be putting his life on the line for this one, will probably not have another chance along with Hines and a few others but i think it will be an excellent game to watch.
ALLEZ CLERMONT

Teams:

Le XV de départ: Lee Byrne ; Sitiveni Sivivatu, Aurélien Rougerie (cap), Wesley Fofana, Napolioni Vonowale Nalaga ; (o) Brock James, (m) Morgan Parra ; Gerhard Vosloo, Damien Chouly, Julien Bonnaire ; Nathan Hines, Jamie Cudmore ; Davit Zirakashvili, Benjamin Kayser, Thomas Domingo.Les remplaçants: Ti'i Paulo, Vincent Debaty, Clément Ric, Julien Pierre, Julien Bardy, Ludovic Radosavljevic, David Skrela, Regan King.

Le XV de départ: Delon Armitage ; Rudi Wulf, Mathieu Bastareaud, Matt Giteau, Alexis Palisson ; (o) Jonny Wilkinson (cap), (m) Sébastien Tillous-Borde ; Juan Martín Fernandez Lobbe, Chris Masoe, Danie Rossouw ; Nick Kennedy, Bakkies Botha ; Carl Hayman, Sébastien Bruno, Andrew Sheridan.
Les remplaçants: Jean-Charles Orioli, Gethin Jenkins, Davit Kubriashvili, Joe Van Niekerk, Steffon Armitage, Maxime Mermoz, Frédéric Michalak, Jocelino Suta.

Latest posts