• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Had to chortle

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Was flicking through the LP looking for info on London and it's rugby section extolled the virtues of the east midlands clubs before mentioning that visitors to London are spoilt for choice when it comes to rugby with London Wasps, Saracens and London Irish to choose from. Get the feeling the writers didn't look too hard into that one given they play in High Wycombe, Watford and Reading respectively.

Is there no impetus to move the London teams back to venues in the capital?

To be honest there isn't really the demand to have them in London really. The best they could do is house themselves in some shabby football stadium in Greater London.

No doubt Quins wern't mentioned either! :lol:
[/b]

In fairness I think it was from the year they'd been relegated.

Maybe Sarries should stay out in the sticks but you'd think they'd be able to find somewhere for the two 'London...' teams. Maybe have one in North London and the other down towards Kent.

Well doesnt suprise me, they class Reading and Watford as London Premiership Clubs... the boundaries just keep expanding!!!

Welcome to the world of urban sprawl. Cities keep pushing their boundries further and further out. Most pro teams in the US are the same way. The Dallas Cowboys play in Iriving Texas.
I've always been told that Reading was a suburb of London anyway. It's not that far away, right? And don't they have a big-ass mall there?

I've always been told that Reading was a suburb of London anyway. It's not that far away, right? And don't they have a big-ass mall there?
[/b]

I live in Reading (part of the year anyway) and I resent it being called a suburb of London.

It's a big town in it's own right, lot's of development has been done, and plays host to both Premiership football and rugby teams.

And yes, it does have "a big-ass mall". The shopping is awesome.

Prophetically enough it was on the radio that one of the capial's rugby clubs could inherti a scaled down Olypic stadium after 2012.

Who is the most "east London" out of the three. I'd say it's between Wasps and Sarries.

If its the Olympic Stadium up for grabs then of course!

GIT AWAY YER RAGGAMUFFINS UNCLE BRACKEN SAW IT FIRST!

Latest posts