• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hayman tipped to move to England

S

Sw1fty

Carl Hayman, the ironman of the All Blacks scrum, is reportedly being targeted by English clubs to head north after the World Cup.

Hayman's management has been in negotiations with the New Zealand Rugby Union about extending his contract here but it appears the lure of big money up north may be too much.

A Sunday newspaper has reported that Hayman, the outstanding Otago and Highlanders tighthead prop had reportedly signed with the Newcastle club in England.

The reported deal could be worth as much as $940,000 a season, way outside the range of the NZRU.

Hayman would be a huge loss for the All Blacks and Otago rugby, hopefully the NZRU get with it and offer this guy the deal that he wants.

it would be a huuuuge loss if he left, but who wouldn't for $940,000 a year!!!! i guess it would give other props more opportunities to prove or improve. we still have tony woodcock who is also a top ranked prop

Seems that every player is apparently about to move to England. Chris Jack and Luke McAlister were apparently gone, but nothing ever came of that.

Seems that every player is apparently about to move to England. Chris Jack and Luke McAlister were apparently gone, but nothing ever came of that.
[/b]
chris jack is leaving at the end of the year, i dont think mcalister is. tu'itupou is gone along with mauger

might as well just move the allblacks to england..and we can start from scratch and bring the next level of revolutionary rugby players to the scen so they can buy them aswell...

it ****** me off...i mean yeah...goodluck with them and their families getting the money they truely deserve...but if they are really worth that money then ****!...irb give us a billion dollars so we can spend it on our own players rather than then leaving to that retirement home in the north

it comprimises the quality of our game and the influence of the allblack jersey will go out the window...it comes down to sanzar and there marketing ventures and how they can market our game better for the audience so inturn we can get the large money back and pay our players....

ahwell....things like this further test new zealands depth in quality football athletes..i guess thats good on the flipside and it shows how good we are as a rugby nation but i hate when northerners critisize our game when there are proberly an equal amount of our players over there with there own players

too right chiro
when the northern hemisphere clubs recruit our top players, this just cancels out a young rugby player's chance to develop in the nh.

for the same reason, gives young nz rugby players a chance to develop

The All Blacks should hire Giteau's agent. I'm sure they'd offer them millions as well :p

Latest posts