• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HD Media Player

J

jawmalawm24

I was around my mates house a few days ago trading movies from our external hard drives when another mate come along and told us about these Hard Drive Media Players. He reckons that it's just like an external hard drive but you can hook it up to your tv and watch your movies, picture, music and files throught the av connections.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has come across one and if so does it really work and how much are they and where could I buy one from other than Trade Me.

I have come across them before and they do work... Rather handy for any films you may have...

Does the XBOX 360 one work with other appliances? They are going for next to nothing these days.

I went to an electronics store Harvey Normans yesterday and I asked about them but they said the only way they know of getting one is to buy online. There's 500gb HD Media Players on trademe going for around about 3 to 4 hundy Nz so that's really not too bad considering a normal 500gb hard drive can go for anything from $450 or more in the store.

I really wouldn't mind getting one aye because it'll save me from having to waste money on DVD's and I won't have to worry about carrying all my movies around all in a bunch.

I use my PS3 as my media player. Just hooked up to my pc wirelessly.

Dont have an external hard drive, or anything like that. If i want to carry stuff around to other peops place i just chuck it on disk or on my laptop.

i use only my pc for all
to listening to music i use the normal wmp from vista now
and to watch movies the veoh media player for streaming movies or avs dvd player for normal videos ;)

I've gota lappy but it's only 80gb and most of the space gets fulled up by my games,music and programs so a HDD media player sounds like it'll be more convenient for my movies. I'm thinking about buying one but I just don't really trust online buying entirely only if it's for stuff under $100 but anything over that I'm a bit sketchy about.

Does anyone know of any shops that sell them preferably in New Zealand because I'm off to Auckland soon for a little while but I'm gonna be taking my lappy but wan't to take my movies with me too. I'm travelling from the Kapiti Coast so if anyone knows of a shop that sells them from here to Aucks that'll be cool.

Latest posts