• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HD TV

W

Wally

Hey guys quick question,

I bought a 42" sharp lcd a little while ago and after seeing the cricket in high def at the department store i want to be able to get the high def channels. the tv has a built in hd tuner and i've tried doing the automatic scan but it doesn't pick up anything. the manual is of little help. does anyone know what i need to do?

cheers

I had the same problem, but then I connected the aerial to the TV. Very common mistake with people who haven't had HDTV through an inbuilt tuner...many people seem to think it works without an aerial and others are idiots like myself who just dont connect it lol.

If you have done that then either the HD channels are down or the TV is buggered.

Mate I think I need to join the club. I dismissed that aerial thinking it was for the radio or something. Is my only option to get a digital set top box? That's if they even sell them any more.

You LCD only has a standard definition digital tuner rather than a HD digital tuner?

If so, it looks like you will have to buy a HD tuner...unfortunately I was caught out the same way buuuut I got the tv significantly cheaper anyway. I went and got one and its all good now.

Surround sound shopping today!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Dec 29 2008, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You LCD only has a standard definition digital tuner rather than a HD digital tuner?

If so, it looks like you will have to buy a HD tuner...unfortunately I was caught out the same way buuuut I got the tv significantly cheaper anyway. I went and got one and its all good now.

Surround sound shopping today![/b]
It's meant to have an in built HD tuner but the aerial is long gone. What are my options?

Well I suppose you need an aerial. Simple as that.

Whether you choose to go about it the proper way (roof mounted with connection running through wall and output at a socket) or the good ol' Rabbit ears or something similar is up to you. You just need an aerial lol.

A decent portable aerial should do the job depending on where you live. It says Brisbane on your profile, so assuming you are in a relatively built up area then have a crack at that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Dec 28 2008, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
worth getting eventually because cricket looks amazing on hd[/b]

REALLY?! coz i think cricket is boring but if HD makes it look amazing, i might have to try it :lol: haha jokes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 6 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I suppose you need an aerial. Simple as that.

Whether you choose to go about it the proper way (roof mounted with connection running through wall and output at a socket) or the good ol' Rabbit ears or something similar is up to you. You just need an aerial lol.

A decent portable aerial should do the job depending on where you live. It says Brisbane on your profile, so assuming you are in a relatively built up area then have a crack at that.[/b]
I've got an aerial mounted on the roof but there is no connection at the moment. Is it worth getting one put in or will a portable aerial do the job?

Cheers for your help mate

It shouldn't cost too much to get it put it in. It'd be worth it in the long term.

You could buy a top of the line portable and if it isn't satisfactory, return it with a terrific bullshit story (check their returns policy first).

It shouldn't cost too much to get it put it in. It'd be worth it in the long term.

You could buy a top of the line portable and if it isn't satisfactory, return it with a terrific bullshit story (check their returns policy first).

Latest posts