• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Health News

I listened to a podcast with Oprah Winfrey and a psychologist she had worked with and one thing they said was that not belonging and trying to fit in over an extended period of time can lead to PTSD that is just as bad as coming from a single traumatic event. You're constantly not able to regulate your emotions and feel safe and those micro traumas continually build up (I am writing from memory, so may not be explaining it exactly).
Sounds about right.
As a rule of thumb, everyone with gender dysmorphia has PTSD, as do a huge majority of the LGBTQ community, even if they've since worked their way through it

279386680_4717819778323886_4969955225933037729_n.jpg

#IveBeenThere #YouAreNotAlone #ItsOkayNotToBeOkay
Important for rugby, in a world of increasing awareness of CTE, and a sequela of concussion.
Particularly important after the last 2 years, and a pandemic in its own right!

This year's theme is loneliness – the impact it can have on our mental health and how we can all play a part in reducing loneliness in our communities.
Please remember to check in on your family, friends, neighbours and colleagues - ask them how they are, pop round for a coffee, go for a walk and let them know they matter.
www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week

Last edited:
Just for this week, I'll post in here every day, raising awareness is kinda the point.
If anyone just wants to talk, there's the Samaritans on 116123

Or if you want to talk to someone you kinda-but-not-really know; you can PM me.

No-one needs to feel alone.

280131024_4719751928130671_6933016483290678923_n.jpg

Last edited:

One aspect that has really interested me is the role Self Compassion can play in mental health. Especially in something like PTSD. I think you really need to know what it's like to hit rock bottom, before you can understand how desperate one can get for treatment. The ability to tap into one's own Oxytocin to give yourself the comfort that you need. But also combined with Talking therapies and if necessary, with medical guidance, drug treatment.

Waking up in the mornings and having that heavy feeling of anxiety sitting on my chest and knowing how to relieve it has made a big difference to my own mental health.

I went to the hospital here in the USA for heart palpatations and they charged me ten dollars for a single aspirin. But you can buy an entire bottle of 100 pills for about five dollars at the supermarket. Our health $ystem is very greedy and corrupt. :(

Last edited:
I went to the hospital here in the USA for heart palpatations and they charged me ten dollars for a single aspirin. But you can buy an entire bottle of 100 pills for about five dollars at the supermarket. Our health $ystem is very greedy and corrupt. :(
Yeh that is pretty shocking to charge for that. Just remember watching John Q film and although only a film, it brought the very real dilemma of insurance doesn't cover everything including life saving operations in USA, unless you can afford it.

Made me glad we have at least the NHS. But having said that the pandemic has brought home how under strain it is and will be getting through the backlog caused and also future variants in the winter

My operation a few years ago was luckily covered by private medical from work but subsequent blood tests and scans annually will still be subject to excess not covered.

Latest posts