• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC ¼ Final - Stade Toulousain v Leinster

ha ha ha - thats a **** way of looking at it.

i think to judge a strength of the league you look at the top 6 sides - and i think the cl is as strong as the gp.

what a performance by leinster rock on!any team who can beat stade can win the cup now!

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 1 2006, 08:40 PM
To judge how strong a league is, you have to look at its weakest sides.

Bottom teams in the GP are much better than their Celtic League rivals.

Even Leeds would thrash the Borders.

I rest my case... :bana:
Well Worcester a mid table English team were unable to win at Connacht, the bottom team of the Celtic league, what does that say about the GP?

I didnt watchh the game even though it was live over here in NZ. Great great win to Leinster i got up @ 5am (NZT) to go to work and while i was eating Breakfast i wanted too see the result and to my shock they had won sets up a gerat Semi with Munster.

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Apr 1 2006, 10:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Apr 1 2006, 08:40 PM
To judge how strong a league is, you have to look at its weakest sides.

Bottom teams in the GP are much better than their Celtic League rivals.

Even Leeds would thrash the Borders.

I rest my case... :bana:
Well Worcester a mid table English team were unable to win at Connacht, the bottom team of the Celtic league, what does that say about the GP? [/b]
Newcastle, a **** English team beat them comprehensively.

Anomalies happen ;)

But they wouldn't win at the Sportsground which is more the point I'm making, if the GP is that good that **** to average sides should be able to win at the bottom team in the Celtic League.

And also most of the Celtic league teams can beat the top GP teams e.g. Leinster v Bath, Dragons v Leicester, Scarlets and Edinburgh v Wasps, Munster v Sale and I'm sure there's more!

Of course Leinster can beat Bath, they're in second to last position on the GP table! But I highly doubt Edinburgh can beat Wasps.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 2 2006, 01:35 PM
Well they did and so did Llanelli.
Yep, and Edinburgh played Sale in a pre-season friendly and were unlucky not to win...playing some great rugby.

Any of the current top 4 of 5 Celtic sides can beat a top GP side now.

Webby, the Borders aren't that bad now. They could thrash Glasgow though...

Yeah but Leinster are the only team who have a consistent winning record in England. Having said that though English teams have a **** poor record in Ireland.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 2 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah but Leinster are the only team who have a consistent winning record in England. Having said that though English teams have a **** poor record in Ireland.
Yep, though I can't help but feel that the Celitc sides will become far more competitive in the comming seasons.

Well bravo for the Celtic teams. This'll make European competition a whole lot more interesting.

Getting back to yesterday's game though I can't get over the amount of whingeing in some quarters about Clerc's disallowed try, pass from Fritz was forward although Clerc's line of running was poor. Definitely could have proved a turning point but the linesman got the call spot on.

I was at the game and congrats Leinster, that was a superb display. Well that'll give us a better chance for the Top14 :cryy:

Special mention to the leinster fans, a lot of them came and never stopped to sing during the whole game ;) It gave us some competition, the atmosphere at the stadium was impressive.

Just watched the game yesterday and i have to say that it was the best NH game i've seen in years.

Great attacking rugby ,well done Leinster

Latest posts