• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heinken Cup Draw

Well it's definatly not Northamptons

That's obvious. They're not Irish so clearly they have no business even being in the cup. I apologise and promise to never besmirch your great nation again by having the audacity to talk about any of her regal teams.

Did their scrum get destroyed this year? Yeah
Did they get a Heinekin Cup? No
Was their scrum worse than last year? Yes
Did they get a Heinekin Cup last year? No

Sure in 08 in front of my eyes in Gloucester our scrum was destroyed to pieces n we won then.
Point is Munster have never been super at scrum time and we didn't win last 2 years but we always playing European rugby in April and as pointed out Du Preez is signed to improve scrum and this will be Paul McCarthys first full season as a scrum coach so that'll help too.

So really your point is kinda invalid as Munster have never been dominant in scrum.

Ulster could find trip to bath tricky too.
Still I agree they should come out of group or at worst have an Amlin final

Sure in 08 in front of my eyes in Gloucester our scrum was destroyed to pieces n we won then.
Point is Munster have never been super at scrum time and we didn't win last 2 years but we always playing European rugby in April and as pointed out Du Preez is signed to improve scrum and this will be Paul McCarthys first full season as a scrum coach so that'll help too.

So really your point is kinda invalid as Munster have never been dominant in scrum.

Apart from all those years when they were considered a forwards team who never did backs moves, that is.

How the hell can you have a dominant pack and a forward orientated side but be **** in the scrum? Everything forwards-related comes back to the scrum.

Munster still do the business in mauls and lineout.
They just never handled scrum and well the pack are excellent in open play but I can't even try say we were once good in scrum because we weren't but well that way it goes

Pool 2 and 3 are fantastic. Pool 2 has the 2009 champions, the French champions, the English runners up and the latest french moneybags. Pool 3 brings twice winners Munster, the ML champions, a solid English team and France's most improved team. Pool 1 is pretty epic too actually.

The Scrum is one thing but it's Munster's aging side that will see them fail to get out of the group stages next season. I think the next two seasons will be a transitional period for Munster(or at least it should be). Guys like Hayes, Quinlann, Flannery, Horan and even Wallace looked well off the mark, not to mention O'Gara's downward spiral. Leinster I think will fail to qualify because of their own transitional period with the new coaching team. On top of this half Munster and Leinster's teams will be missing for the second part of the season with WC duty. I think the only Irish team that will do well next season is Ulster(hopefully).

Latest posts