• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hello Everyone

Sparty

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Hiya , Just wanted to briefly introduce myself , Names Sparty and I hail from Cape Town SA. Been a WP/Stormers/bok supporter my whole life which is a little strange as most amoungst my friends and family support the All Blacks and my local club team is SK Walmers that plays in the Premiur deivision in CT. I am very passionate and will most likely come across as a little overly defensive of anything negative said about my teams I support , for that I apologize now already. its nothing personal , just my passion , I will try and stay as objective as possible. Nice forum you have here.
:D

Welcome Sparty, make yourself feel at home! Btw, the boks really suck.. hahah jk..

Thanks , LOL , jaa cannot defend alot of how we playing at the moment , I do feel that its a over reaction though. First off we missing some key players like Jean Smit and Fourie Du Preez for start , Take away Carter and Mccaw from the ABS and what do you have ? Secondly we really stupidly played way too much rugby this year , S14 finals , The Welsh test , Playing out first choice against France and Italy of all people was short sited> the guys need a break , players like Matfield , Burger and Habana was involved is almost all of that. That coupled with some bad reffing decisions against us or maybe I should say good reffing for the opponents I would say its not that bad.

Note - no ways am I condoning what we did but 2 of the yellow cards we received was BS , the one for Bakkies although he deserved to be off the field was wrong as he was punished for a professional foul , if there was consistency Richie Mccaw would have been carded long time ago , similar BJ Botha was carded for killing the ball while just prior to that Pocock or Rocky did a very similar offence in the Aussie red zone. The ref acknowledged it by giving SA a penalty for killing the ball but no yellow , but when SA transgressed and for a first offence ie no team warning Bj got a yellow. My problem with this is firstly we need to play the ref or to the ref and secondly it fuels peoples perception that we we could have won the game. We lost , we tired and at times clueless , We played a kick chase pressure game without the kick , chase or pressure. We picked out of forms players in the wrong positions and most important the Aussies and ABS figured out how to beat us , we just have to go back to the drawing board and get one step ahead again, We have the personal.

Welcome to the forum.

Note: Moved to correct forum!

Welcome, Sparty! If you need any help with the site etc, just message me and I'll be more than happy to try and help you

Latest posts