• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hello everyone

bluggerme

Academy Player
It just occured to me that I have been here for over a month and completely forgot to introduce myself. I am a mad keen rugby union fan and had to give up playing over a year ago because of injury so I now spend a lot more time (probably more than I should) watching rugby and talking about it. I like golf, cricket and football as well (yes football, which I know is a dirty word to a lot of rugby fans) but rugby is number one!

I look forward to chatting rugby with you all.

Welcome to the forum mate. A lot of people here love talking rugby (I guess that's why the come to a rugby forum :lol:), so you'll have plenty to talk about. Look forward to seeing your posts.

I have developed osteoarthritis in my ankle and have been advised not play any more as the joint is likely to deteriorate further which means I could have difficulty even walking in later life. Unfortunately a good medical replacment ankle joint does not yet exist so it's just not worth the risk. Gutted - thought I had another 10 years in me!

I have developed osteoarthritis in my ankle and have been advised not play any more as the joint is likely to deteriorate further which means I could have difficulty even walking in later life. Unfortunately a good medical replacment ankle joint does not yet exist so it's just not worth the risk. Gutted - thought I had another 10 years in me!

Ouch! My best friend has arthiritis in her knees, and it's really painful for her.

Sad to hear mate, but welcome on the forum. Did you also used to play cricket?

Cheers. Ah well I'm here to torture you lot now. I see you're an Irish man living in Yorkshire. Who's your team? I'm an Ulster supporter for my sins!

i play for harrogate
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
good man!

Sad to hear mate, but welcome on the forum. Did you also used to play cricket?

Yeah I played at school and then played a few seasons for my local club but it took up too much time on a Saturday so I jacked it in a few years back and play golf instead. I still enjoy following it on the TV or sometimes I would go and watch my brother's team play. His club have recruited Craig McMillan this year so gives me more incentive to go and watch! Actually got out for a round of golf with him a few weeks back, he's a good bloke.

What aobut yourself? Do you play a bit of cricket?

For the moment I play friendlies for two teams and starting my own team. This is the second year I play cricket but due to a serious illness at the beginning of the year I missed the complete pre season practice.
My new team played two games against first division teams and we won both.

For the moment I play friendlies for two teams and starting my own team. This is the second year I play cricket but due to a serious illness at the beginning of the year I missed the complete pre season practice.
My new team played two games against first division teams and we won both.

That's really cool starting your own team. Sorry to hear you were ill earlier in the year but at the same time glad to hear you're obviously much better now.

Thanks mate, if you ever make it to Belgium you're more then welcome to play a friendly with us.

Glad to have another Ulster Supporter on the ole Forum. Welcome!

Latest posts