• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Help needed please, ASAP!

M

munross

Well I've finally managed to add in some new players into my roster using hex-editing.I managed to add in some new players after the 90 "created ingame players" in the roster, firstly I added in only one new player using a hex-editor, saved it and loaded the roster with both the latest and an old version of Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor, it loaded the roster without any errors or bugs and the "new" player appeared last in the editor just like it should and had the "1994" "player number" where "1993" is the player number for the last "created ingame" player.
So I changed a few things of the "new" player, put him into a team like Clermont, saved it and exited the roster editor.

Starting the game a got a "unable to load the roster" error but when I went to the "squad management" menu it had my current roster loaded and when I checked the Clermont team the "new" player that I added in with the hex-editor was in the Clermont team.So I made a positional change in a team and saved the roster again ingame, when I started the game again I didn't get that "unable to load the roster" error again and the "new" player was still in the Clermont team, so everything is fine up and till then.

Okay so using the same hex-editing method I added in some more "new" players into my roster up and till I got to the "player number" 1999, when I added in a "new" player after the one of "player number" 1999, his "player number" should be "2000", but when I loaded the roster in the roster editor that "new" player with "player number" 2000 didn't appear in the list... the last only went to "player number" 1999.

I then loaded the roster in kingwilko's "player/face editor"(the editor where you change the "byte93") and in that editor it showed the "new" player with "player number" 2000 and also other "new" players that I added in with "player numbers" like 2001, 2002 ect...

Here is an image of the "new" players in Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor that only goes up to 1999:
efwf.jpg

And here is an image of the "new" players in kingwilko's "player/face editor" that goes beyond the 2000:
rfee.jpg

So I was wondering if one or both of you guys that have made these editors know of a way to let these "new" players with "player numbers" 2000 onwards can be displayed in Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor or won't that be possible...?

It was so great when discovering that I could add in more "new" players into my roster using the hex-editor and Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor and that it worked ingame but if we can't go pass the 2000 that means there will only be 6 extra "new" players in the roster and that would pretty much suck! <_<

So please guys any help and input will be greatly appreciated :bravo:

Cheers
Ross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EA Fan @ Aug 2 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey can you send me the link to download the super patch 09 please[/b]

The super patch 09 hasn't been released yet and when it is released it will have its own thread so please don't post questions about it in other threads.

I can change it to add more players, do you know what the maximum number of players would be?

thats if i havnt absolutly killed the old version.

also can you let me know what you did via hex editing to get a new player? i can probably add that in quickly. Though i am going on holiday in a couple of days so i may not get time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Aug 4 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can change it to add more players, do you know what the maximum number of players would be?[/b]

I can't say...I think if you could make it 2500-3000 that would be good for now, don't know if there is a limit...?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
thats if i havnt absolutly killed the old version.

also can you let me know what you did via hex editing to get a new player? i can probably add that in quickly. Though i am going on holiday in a couple of days so i may not get time.[/b]

Well I use hex workshop for hex editing, the only hex editor that I have used and I find it very easy to use, don't know if it will differ from the one that you use...?Anyway this is what I did:
12994247.jpg

As you can see "J Candelon" is the last of the "created ingame" players and has a db index ID of -24228.

58335758.jpg

I then copied the info of the player before him's info(Adrien Plante), starting from his db index ID(its 4 postions back from the start of his name) to before where "J Candelon's" db index ID starts and pasted it in the position after "J Candelon" so it lines-up with the other players above it, gave it a new db index ID of -24320 and changed its name also(Place Holder):
35100573.jpg

Also I mananged one time to get the player with "player number" 2000 to appear in the editor, put him into a team like I did with the other "new" players, but when I started the game and went to that team which I added him into in the "squad management" menu the game kept on crashing to desktop and that player also didin't appear in the .rdf file...

This is too much for a sunday morning lol

Just thinking though.. i think you should be able to add players. If you can generate filenames from the exe, then you can do the same for players, but in a different way. I would imagine it is as simple as adding text blocks into a roster, but i don't think we have the software to do it.. or if we did, it'd be tough.

Ok, i am back from holiday, looks easy enough, ill see what I can do, probably wont get to it til early next week, but its in my to do list :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Aug 26 2009, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, i am back from holiday, looks easy enough, ill see what I can do, probably wont get to it til early next week, but its in my to do list :)[/b]

Great news, thanks Woosaah.

Latest posts