• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hey.

Yeah and I replied to it! I must be mad too then. It's the rugby, it must get to us!

I'll probably be the same too soon!

I'm definitely going to try and stay in shape though, I could do with a bit more muscle! Still need to grow a lot before I start playing rugby though. Looking up for a few training workouts to bulk myself up a bit more!

TRF was quite normal until it was filled up with Dubliner school children.

Hello and welcome I see the crazies have already been in to say hi........

You are not alone to being someone who dont play rugby I have not played for some years now due to one reason or another.

Thanks Rob - shame to hear you're no longer playing! I never really put my heart into rugby at school so I missed a chance there. I've since fallen in love with the game now though!

I'm weird like that - I wait until I finish school to choose which sport I like. Typical.

I wish I still played but dont think the legs would allow it now, I went to school in the Welsh Valleys so had a choice of playing rugby or rugby in school had some great games but my school team had the unfortunate of playing against the likes of Robert Sidoli and his brother Peter they were so bloody big at 15 16 it was crazy, still good fun though I remember playing against them for Vaynor and Penderyn against Bishop Hedley andtheres me at hooker trying to scrummage against them we get hammered.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I've got a friend who plays rugby (he's the same age as me); he's going to an academy once he finishes school this year, and he's massive! He told me that the guys at his club over here are way bigger than me so that's why I'm not ready to play just yet.

I never played at school, because to be honest, I hated getting wet and muddy. I've since grown a pair and now love the game!
So now I'm just watching the games, taking photos of the local teams and trying to bulk myself up a bit more so I can one day start playing. I need to get some more protein in and figure out some decent workouts to do that.

My advice would be just get stuck in no matter what if you start to enjoy playing your size will not matter its about enjoying the game for what it is, I am sure a lot of your mates just play for the sake of it, or go along to some training sessions of some local teams where your mates are and ask if you can get involved etc.

That's actually a good plan. I'm still going to figure out a few workouts and then start getting involved when I feel good and ready. I may still need a bit of body armour though. Scrumhats, shoulder pads etc!

Though I may text my friend and ask him what he'd recommend I do so that I can grow a bit more and bulk up my body (like a workout routine basically). He knows me quite well and what my fitness is like. I'm really starting to look forward to it now!

Cheers Rob!

Latest posts