• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Highlanders 2013

Only just read that Hosea Gear was captain. Cool, except I don't like captains being in the back three.

Racist, or something.

Positionist maybe. But it's hard for a left wing to argue an important point with the referee - when things occur in a ruck on the right hand side of the field.

Positionist maybe. But it's hard for a left wing to argue an important point with the referee - when things occur in a ruck on the right hand side of the field.

Plus, wingers are a corrupt and degenerate breed, better suited to synchronized knitting and painting their nails than leading a rugby team.

Luckily he is only going to be vice captain normally, lead from the front with three tries though

http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/highlanders/263267/rugby-mackintosh-going-chiefs

this is a huge mistake in my opinion

Whoppa is born and bred in the south and provided a good link to those roots. I also think he has really stepped up this year (in the oppertunities he has been given)

pretty dissappointed in Joesph, looks like he is going to carry on bringing in guys from out of the region
Fastest way to alienate the local supporters is to ignore local players and remove that hometown feel about the team. The fact that the out of towners are losing every game puts some salt into the wound.

said it all along, he deserved better - highlanders were a better team with him as captain. Heck last time he started for the highlanders they actually won.

So he will replace Toby Smith at the Chiefs, have to say things will actually get better for him and being able to prop in a scrum with Tamiafuna or Afeaki should help make him look good too.

but this to me is another example of the local aspect being almost totally lost in super rugby. having the big name southland player and captian playing for the chiefs?.....

said it all along, he deserved better - highlanders were a better team with him as captain. Heck last time he started for the highlanders they actually won.

So he will replace Toby Smith at the Chiefs, have to say things will actually get better for him and being able to prop in a scrum with Tamiafuna or Afeaki should help make him look good too.

but this to me is another example of the local aspect being almost totally lost in super rugby. having the big name southland player and captian playing for the chiefs?.....

Its pretty obvious that Joseph has stuffed this team good and proper. How could it get to that? Jamie would of bee one of the last players i would expect to leave for the Chiefs if I was looking at this from last year before the Woodcock signing. Woodcock should of gone to the Chiefs not Jamie. That is simply a huge stuff up imo.

Latest posts