• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hol v Ire

A

An Tarbh

Good win for the Irish tonight in Amsterdam tonight with a 1-0 win thanks to a goal by Robbie Keane just before half time. Rudi Voller looked well pleased in the crowd, the Germans and the Czechs have nothing to fear based on this performance. Credit to the Irish though as we were without Roy Keane, John O'Shea, Stephen Carr, Liam Miller and Damian Duff and yet we go to Amsterdam and get the result, well done lads.

was a typically brilliant Irish performance. Theyv'e been really hot of late. Holland were utter shite, unbelieavably cack. Wonder how Ireland would be doing now if they'd got into the Euros. they'd have an outside chance.

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 7 2004, 09:20 PM
Wonder how Ireland would be doing now if they'd got into the Euros. they'd have an outside chance.
Don't want to think about it, it's too depressing, f***ing McCarthy.

Didn't see it unfortunately, but it sounds like the Dutch were dross.

They were cack. Good thing the Germans look just as shite. Hope for the Latvians.

The Germans have a nasty habit of being average but getting their results.

Yeah but even for the average Germans a 2-0 home loss to the Hungarians is something to worry about.

Would be surprised if the Italians don't easily beat them though. The Czechs should top the group so next Tuesday's game between them should be interesting.

I know they wern't at their best when they played us in Lansdowne but with Germany and Holland no great shakes and a quarter final against Denmark or Sweden they should easily make the semis and who knows from there.

Germany will be there abouts. They seem to always eek out wins in big events no matter what shite they are playing..........

Don't count out Holland yet, if they can get through the talented teams in their pool they will have the best possible preparation for the following rounds.

How crucial is the England-Croatia game going to be??, and what of Croatias chances in that game??

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 10 2004, 09:02 AM
How crucial is the England-Croatia game going to be??, and what of Croatias chances in that game??
Absolutely massive.

If things go wrong, we might have to beat them to go through. And the Croats are NOT footballing mugs - they are a very good team who will cause anyone in Europe no end of problems.

The most underrated team in Europe, imo.

That was the answer I was expecting. If France play to their full potential then that game will be huge, and Croatia are pretty handy.............

At least a point by either England or Croatia against France could ultimately be enough to go through (I reckon a draw between England-Crotia is highly likely).

Wouldn't surprise me to see England and France play out a convinient draw...

It doesn't really matter who wins the group, cause either way they'll play Spain or Portugal which there isn't much between.

Latest posts