• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Home Brew

Um dude you cant distill ethanol. You need potatoes or something similar i believe ferment that for a couple of weeks (use your average fermenting barrel from a homebrew kit) and then you distill the alcohol from that.
[/b]

Of course you can distill ethanol, you can distill anything you want. It simply means purifying it. "Apparently", the system we have in use is called fractional distillation, which is used to get the ethanol at the right concentration. The final stuff is watered down a bit so it's not so potent.

<div class='quotemain'>
Um dude you cant distill ethanol. You need potatoes or something similar i believe ferment that for a couple of weeks (use your average fermenting barrel from a homebrew kit) and then you distill the alcohol from that.
[/b]

Of course you can distill ethanol, you can distill anything you want. It simply means purifying it. "Apparently", the system we have in use is called fractional distillation, which is used to get the ethanol at the right concentration. The final stuff is watered down a bit so it's not so potent. [/b][/quote]

Wow i didnt know that i'm going to use a different system. :)

http://olliver.family.gen.nz/schnapps.htm

Cheap and easy.

Latest posts