• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hot Fuzz

R

RoyalBlueStuey

If you liked Shaun of the Dead you'll like this...really enjoyed it, it's not trying to be anything monumental, just a good, fun film.

I think Shaun of the Dead is the most overated film I've ever seen. The majority of it just isn't funny. I've tried watching it several times and just get bored. Once is more than enough.

However, I loved Simon Pegg (who I met at Dubai airport strangely enough) and Nick Frost in Spaced, I thought that was absolute genius. From what I've seen, Hot Fuzz looks a better film effort. Hope I'm not disappointed when I eventually get around to seeing it.

Spaced is one of the best sitcoms to come out of Britain in my eyes, and unfortunately is strictly for the limited cult viewing, because not many people seemed to have ever watched it.
I loved Shaun of the Dead - hillarious film.
But i Watched Hot Fuzz last week and i was diappointed to say the least. The film actually failed to make me laugh more than 3 or 4 times. It wasn't even very interesting and the action doesn't even start until the last 20 minutes or so. Granted it's full on from then, but it's too little to late.
Tedious attempt at trying to make something original out of something that's been overdone on our average wednesday nights on tele.
I have only seen it once, however, and i truly believe that the more you watch a comedy the more you understand it - and, i'm not the most observant person, so i definately missed somethings in that film. But from a first viewing i felt severely let down.
I hate saying this but:

The trailer showed all the funny bits.

Spaced is one of the best sitcoms to come out of Britain in my eyes, and unfortunately is strictly for the limited cult viewing, because not many people seemed to have ever watched it.
I loved Shaun of the Dead - hillarious film.
But i Watched Hot Fuzz last week and i was diappointed to say the least. The film actually failed to make me laugh more than 3 or 4 times. It wasn't even very interesting and the action doesn't even start until the last 20 minutes or so. Granted it's full on from then, but it's too little to late.
Tedious attempt at trying to make something original out of something that's been overdone on our average wednesday nights on tele.
I have only seen it once, however, and i truly believe that the more you watch a comedy the more you understand it - and, i'm not the most observant person, so i definately missed somethings in that film. But from a first viewing i felt severely let down.
I hate saying this but:

The trailer showed all the funny bits.
[/b]

I didn't see the trailer but I have to say I chortled all the way through. It was worth the money alone for the most middle class shoot-out ever committed to film! The thing I love about those two is that it's totally obvious that they are having the best laugh of their lives making the film.

Just seen this tonight and it was fantastic, I would rate it up there with Shaun of the Dead, but it is a totally different type of comedy... some great comedy moments, I must admit not as many as I thought, but the film kept me entertained right the way through.. also time flew which is another good sign of a film to me. Yes all the action was at the end but it had a good story line, and yes i believe it could of been better in areas but well couldnt most films?

Also it was filmed in Wells, just a bit north of where I live

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7J_vYN5ZkY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7J_vYN5ZkY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Uhm...yeah...can't wait to see this! It looks awesome!
:bana: :bana: :cheers:

yeaaaah looking forward to it :D

I think Shaun of the Dead is the most overated film I've ever seen. The majority of it just isn't funny. I've tried watching it several times and just get bored. Once is more than enough.
[/b]

shaun of the dead is only funny if u are:
  • german
  • drunk
  • psychotic
  • all of the above
:p :dance3:

Saw it last night and thought it was shite. Took so long to get anywhere and even when it did it was ridiculously overdone, however was quite funny when he kicked the old dear in the face, but that's about it.

Saw it last night and thought it was shite. Took so long to get anywhere...
[/b]

THANK YOU!

Someone is seeing the film for what it really is:

Overrated.

I think it funny for me as they do take the micky out of somerset quite a bit.... but it is personal choice and the mindset you go into a film with...

Latest posts