• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How about 10s and possible change?

sigesige00

Bench Player
10s is far less popular than 15s and 7s. Cobra 10s attracts little interests.
What do you think about 11s instead 10s? 11 is middle between 15 and 7. 11s would be exciting. :cool:

What about 12s? 13s? 4s? 1245s?

*WHYYYYYYY NOTTTTT*

Why not just start a normal game of XV's and let the referee randomly hand out 4 Red Cards to each team at the Kick-off??

Problem sorted.

What's the point of tens? For those who want tough grind and a real challenging physical and mental contest between two teams watch 15s. For those who want try-fests watch sevens. What exactly is 10s bringing to the table?

Why not just start a normal game of XV's and let the referee randomly hand out 4 Red Cards to each team at the Kick-off??

Problem sorted.

Start the game with XV and send someone off from each team every 10mins, so you end up playing 7s.

I do not think that 10 is not a good number, because there are too small number of BKs in the case of scrums.
Also I do think that RL's decision of decreasing the number of FWs (from 8 to 6) was right.
The number of BKs should be the number of FWs plus 1.

I do not think that 10 is not a good number, because there are too small number of BKs in the case of scrums.
Also I do think that RL's decision of decreasing the number of FWs (from 8 to 6) was right.
The number of BKs should be the number of FWs plus 1.

Typical asian... always reverting back to math

I've actually played 10's and it works a lot better than 7's. 7's personally I'm not a fan of, it has no structure whatsoever and just makes me cringe. 10's worked well, there was a lot more structure whilst still being more fast paced/ open than 15s. Waaay better than 7's.

Organize an invitational game of 11's in honor of Lomu I say! Have big names from both the XV and 7s codes (maybe even League?) and give the procedes to charity. Everyone wins!

I've actually played 10's and it works a lot better than 7's. 7's personally I'm not a fan of, it has no structure whatsoever and just makes me cringe. 10's worked well, there was a lot more structure whilst still being more fast paced/ open than 15s. Waaay better than 7's.

I sort of agree with that.

The game play and tactics in Sevens are very different from the fifteen-a-side game, so much so, that it almost qualifies as a different game altogether.

Tens is a great compromise, it still has a similar offensive tactics and game play as Fifteens, but with two less backs the defensive lines are harder to maintain; there are always going to be gaps in the backlines. Also, with no flankers the SH and 1st 5/8 have a little more freedom to operate, and the lack of a No 8 limits the cover defence. All this leads to a more open and free flowing game.

Elevens would give you nothing that 10's doesn't already have.

I sort of agree with that.

The game play and tactics in Sevens are very different from the fifteen-a-side game, so much so, that it almost qualifies as a different game altogether.

Tens is a great compromise, it still has a similar offensive tactics and game play as Fifteens, but with two less backs the defensive lines are harder to maintain; there are always going to be gaps in the backlines. Also, with no flankers the SH and 1st 5/8 have a little more freedom to operate, and the lack of a No 8 limits the cover defence. All this leads to a more open and free flowing game.

Elevens would give you nothing that 10's doesn't already have.

Except an extra player on the field and an irritating Korean getting his wish...

And this is not the Interview...

'11' (as opposed '10') also gives you more design opportunities when it comes to logo designs from a graphic POV.

Latest posts