• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

how about 'em patriots

Game was crap apart from the 2 Manning Drives - watch the second, he had 4 defenders with their arms around him, but he still somehow escaped, and threw a bullet pass 40 odd metres while on the run with the entire defence chasing him. Than again apart from the Panthers / Patriots Superbowl they've all been preety average games the last 5 or so years, ditto with the Conference Championship Games (apart from the Colts / Pats one last year where the Patriots blew that lead) the Divisional Play-Off's seem to provide the better games.

Funnily enough, 3rd year in a row the Patriots have lost with Brady having the ball in his hand needing a drive... although at least he didn't throw a pick to end it this time around.

The Patriots performance was so like New Zealand or like England on a grand slam: sweeping all before them and winning all of their games...then when it actually matters they fell on their faces.

Tom Brady may well be the best ever in the whole wide Universe or whatever (okay, maybe everyone hasn't been saying that) and Eli Manning may have been vilified over the last few years, but one wilted and gradually become progressively more paranoid and frustrated with the other seeming to soak up the pressure and positively thrive as the game went on.

When Brady failed to complete a pass, he'd just give a thousand mile stare or look down at the ground, when Manning failed, he'd look absolutely f***ing livid with himself. Manning was pumped and up for a ruck, Brady was simply out of ideas.

Brady was sacked 5 times, a lot of the blame needs to be put on the pats offensive line. Manning played ok but wasnt much better, should have been picked off by samuel to end the game then later did well avoiding being sacked, but that was a lucky play where he found Tyree near the end. But hey fortune favours the brave so whatever!

The Patriots performance was so like New Zealand or like England on a grand slam: sweeping all before them and winning all of their games...then when it actually matters they fell on their faces.

Tom Brady may well be the best ever in the whole wide Universe or whatever (okay, maybe everyone hasn't been saying that) and Eli Manning may have been vilified over the last few years, but one wilted and gradually become progressively more paranoid and frustrated with the other seeming to soak up the pressure and positively thrive as the game went on.

When Brady failed to complete a pass, he'd just give a thousand mile stare or look down at the ground, when Manning failed, he'd look absolutely f***ing livid with himself. Manning was pumped and up for a ruck, Brady was simply out of ideas.
[/b]

I'm personally surprised NFL team's aren't holding drafts to claim the first borns of the next generation of Manning babies. First Peyton, now Eli(sha) - and Daddy Manning wasn't a bad QB either.

And is too late to still buy the "19-0: The Historic Championship Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots" book? I forgot to pre-order when they were advertised a week before kick off.

http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic-Champi...e/dp/1600781500

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that, if it turns out that former Patriots employee Matt Walsh has in possession video of the Rams' final walk-through practice from Super Bowl XXXVI, New England head coach Bill Belichick will be suspended.

For a year.[/b]

The inner Patriots hater in me is damn near close to having a heart attack...

[/b]

I like how you felt socially obliged to throw in your own team so as not to offend the Kiwi boys.
Lol.

But seriously, you're right. Couldn't everyone see this coming? Brady had a shitty match the week before, and we all know the ankle injury was bullshit, but I could just feel that he was dipping in form some what.
However, as much as the average joe likes to look at Brady and point and laugh (not me), there were some cases throughout the whole game where it wasn't Brady who helped **** away the championship.

<div class='quotemain'> The Patriots performance was so like New Zealand or like England on a grand slam: sweeping all before them and winning all of their games...then when it actually matters they fell on their faces.
[/b]

I like how you felt socially obliged to throw in your own team so as not to offend the Kiwi boys.
Lol.

But seriously, you're right. Couldn't everyone see this coming? Brady had a shitty match the week before, and we all know the ankle injury was bullshit, but I could just feel that he was dipping in form some what.
However, as much as the average joe likes to look at Brady and point and laugh (not me), there were some cases throughout the whole game where it wasn't Brady who helped **** away the championship.
[/b][/quote]

I still really thought Captain America would have thrown for at least 700 yards, 6 TD's, 0 int's, a QB rating of 158.3 and 2 rushing TD's in a blowout to the Pats.

Apparently all of America saw it like that anyway. Brady had been there and done it so many times before yet he looked more out of place than Eli Manning who's just a "kid" in his first Superbowl.

And thank you Prestwick for that kind gesture, it's all too true (for us anyway) ;)

Who the hell was that idiot that was marking that guy who caught that miracle throw from Mannering? Gee he had TIME to get in front and put his hand up and swat it...they were both waiting for it...they both saw it coming...what about trying to strip it when they were in the air? The other safeties watching must have been thinking "you bloody loser" when their team mate failed to stuff that pass.

[/b]

That's Brady though!
When he f***s up he doesn't throw his hands in the air, he doesn't scream and kick the floor...he broods.
He stands there and frowns. That's his game.
But like wairarapa_cullen said, Eli just looked so much more comfortable out there.

<div class='quotemain'> The Patriots performance was so like New Zealand or like England on a grand slam: sweeping all before them and winning all of their games...then when it actually matters they fell on their faces.
[/b]

Lol.[/b][/quote]

Obliged or not, its still 100% true. How many times were we on for a grand slam only to totally flop at the last hurdle? I almost thought I could see Sir Clive amongst the Patriot staff :lol:

Who the hell was that idiot that was marking that guy who caught that miracle throw from Mannering? Gee he had TIME to get in front and put his hand up and swat it...they were both waiting for it...they both saw it coming...what about trying to strip it when they were in the air? The other safeties watching must have been thinking "you bloody loser" when their team mate failed to stuff that pass.
[/b]

David Tyree I believe, and that nob safety Rodney Harrison was the guy who failed to swat an easy ball away which instead the receiver decided to be cool and catch it with his head. Bet Harrison feels like an idiot, that should never have been caught...

Ha ha! Who needs production values and commentators when you're surrounded by hollering americans?

Latest posts