• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How about some Fiji???

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Comparing the performances of Fiji and Wales vs Australia, i dont think Fiji has much of a chance

I think it was only 9-11 Wales vs. Fiji IN CARDIFF a few years ago. NickyRobinson won it with a 70th minute or so drop goal.

That was a terrible game for us, great for Fiji though. Nicky Robinson is cack player, before Hook came on the scene, Robinson was 3rd choice fly half at best.

Nicky is good when hes on form nowhere near Hook but hes better than Jones!

Stories ive read that Cacau is being converted into a flanker next season!

Hang on, how are we even putting Stephen Jones and Nicky Robinson in the same conversation?
I refuse to compare the two. Nicky is a regional fly half - full stop.
He's not even 3rd choice for Wales.

OK, after watching the last couple of games for Fiji; this is the squad I would picked for France.

Forwards:

Alefoso Yalayalatabua, Graham Dewes, Henry Qiodravu, Apisai Turukawa

Sunia Koto, Bill Gadolo, Vereniki Sauturaga

Iferemi Rawaqa, Isoa Domolailai, Wame Lewaravu, Kele Leawere

Semisi Naevo, Netani Talei, Aca Ratuva, Akapusi Qera

Sisa Koyamaibole, Tomasi Soqeta

Backs:

Mosese Rauluni, Jone Daunivucu, Vitori Buatava

Seremaia Bai, Mosese Luveniyali

Seru Rabeni, Kameli Ratuvou, Gabriele Lovobalavu, Sireli Naqelevuki

Isoa Neivua, Filimoni Bolavucu, Rupeni Caucau, Michael Tagicakibau

Norman Ligairi, Maleli Kunavore

isnt that tagicakibau younger brother to the one who plays for samoa?...im pretty sure he is and if he is..then is he eligible for both?

What's the deal with Isa Nacewa? Does he not want to play for Fiji? Or do the selectors just don't like him?

I'm surprised that he has stuck so long in NZ even though he is not eligible to play for the ABs. I'm sure he will be getting paid a lot more playing for 1 of the NH clubs. The RWC is a great occasion for him to impress.

isnt that tagicakibau younger brother to the one who plays for samoa?...im pretty sure he is and if he is..then is he eligible for both?

[/b]

Well at least I'm sure Michael is a brother to Manu Samoa's Sailosi Tagicakibau but he should be eligible for both since he is Samoan/Fijian.

I reckon if they bring back a few overseas players such as

1. Marika Vunibaka

2. Aisea Tuilevu

3. Bill Cavubati

4. Api Naevo

& i know not many people would agree but Nicky Little would be a great asset to the flying fijians in the coming world cup as they lack reall consistent goal kicker

[/b]

Chiro,

Yes, Michael is the younger brother of Samoan winger Sailosi. Their father is Fijian and their mother is Samoan, so yes they're eligible for both. Michael made his debut for Fiji against Tonga 2 weeks ago.

Nik,

Yes, Nacewa doesnt want to play for Fiji so for all we care, he can go get f'ucked. Our selectors in the past have tried in vain in trying to get him here but he has refused all offers. Fiji coach Ilie Tabua has made it known that he will not be begging players to come play for Fiji. Final trial for all interested players is on July 11, miss that and you miss the boat.

Wellycane,

Sailosi and Michael are not Samoan/Fijian...they're Fijian/Samoan. :p

T.Rugby,

Vunibaka & Tuilevu have both retired from International rugby. Tuilevu is back in the country now coaching his provincial team. Cavubati is old & completely useless, we dont need him. Api Naevo is old.

What's the latest on Caucau? Is he fit? Is he not too fat?

I hope for Fiji's sake, and the general spectacle that he's available and firing. They need him to be to be competitive. On his day, he is INCREDIBLE. I remember him in the 2003-04 super 12 and he scored a number of freakish tries....far more than anybody else I have ever seen. He's got all the talent and more + the X-factor.